Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,think you replied to wrong poster,I'm dealing with the drunken yank myself :)
So why did the drunk Yank confuse Navez with Navas?

Or do you actually prefer a dressing room full of the likes of Yaya, Tevez, Nasri, etc. - self-centered, snobs, completely in it for themselves - couldn't give a fuck for the team?

Fantastic footballer but seems to have a bit of a quirky personality, in hindsight it would have been better for all concerned if he had moved on a couple of years ago.

I will always remember him fondly and people should never forget that he was one of the catalyst's of our success, he took a gamble in coming to us albeit a very well paid one.

Well you put Tevas to start with,so,,tell me who the fuck is Tevas ?
Touche!

Over-the-top barbs aside...

Honestly - aren't you completely fed up with the Yaya Toure reality show by now? - no cake, I'm sad, pay me more, etc., etc. off the pitch.

On the pitch - now extremely lazy - almost never contributing towards defense - but when arsed - by God, what a talent - he's made some amazing defensive plays. I've seen him hook the ball off an attacker at an impossible angle when motivated - his lanky frame enables such challenges without fouling and incredibly he pulls it off.

Petulant - I'm worried about 2 yellows/red when he plays.

But what it boils down to for me - is Yaya really all about Manchester City - giving his all for our side - or is Yaya all about Yaya Toure - giving his all for himself?

Our manager knows - and thus, his current status in our team.

Last edited:
The tragic thing about Yaya is he's now been problematic for as long as he was great.

10/11, 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 this team was Yaya Touré. Then he put on weight and lost interest after that summer, he's now been a problem for 14/15, 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.

Age definitely played it's part, as did Pellegrini giving him too much leeway IMO, and the fact his brother died in summer 2014 can't be overlooked either, but it's just a very sad end to his career.

Do people not realize that Yaya has made all of City's success possible? He scored the big goals to break the trophy drought then put the entire team on his back twice to lead them to PL titles. Without that success City never would have caught Pep's eye. Other than his agent causing some problems he's been nothing but a pleasure.

Do people not realize that Yaya has made all of City's success possible? He scored the big goals to break the trophy drought then put the entire team on his back twice to lead them to PL titles. Without that success City never would have caught Pep's eye. Other than his agent causing some problems he's been nothing but a pleasure.

We'll said. He's a legend I don't mind him playing in games like this that don't matter. He deserves to play

Short memories.

The tragic thing about Yaya is he's now been problematic for as long as he was great.

10/11, 11/12, 12/13 and 13/14 this team was Yaya Touré. Then he put on weight and lost interest after that summer, he's now been a problem for 14/15, 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.

Age definitely played it's part, as did Pellegrini giving him too much leeway IMO, and the fact his brother died in summer 2014 can't be overlooked either, but it's just a very sad end to his career.

A really top club needs to realise when to let once great players move on.
For some reason we have failed to do this with Toure. However most of the posters on here wanted him to get this contract. They were as wrong as the management As you stated he is 4 seasons past his best.
Surely his last game tonight.

Should have gone last summer we all know that. Just sad watching him jog around the pitch after his past glories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.