Yaya Toure apologises

He can't. Nowhere near mobile enough.

We can only find out if he plays. More players were accused of not being good enough or not a Pep-player, whatever that is, but proved otherwise (Kolarov the prime exemple imo).
If Pep thinks Yaya is not up to it Yaya won't be involved other than a domestic cupgame or when we have to miss out on several players due to injury or suspension. And I'm pretty sure Pep knows when to favour youth to players like Yaya that after this season have no future at City.

Accept Yaya's apology, whether its been written for him or not. Pick him on merit, he's got some work to do to break in to this team. Ban Seluk from the ground, refuse to deal with him.

He's still our best midfielder in possession and could definitely still play a role in this side. Last season the side was instructed to play at a slow tempo as Sterling has mentioned.

There's no reason to suggest that Yaya couldn't up the tempo with his passing. Alonso was never the quickest player but he was pivotal under Pep.

The way I see it is that Yaya has apologised. Hopefully Pep publically accepts it with a caveat that if Seluk publically speaks about the club again then his career at City will be over.

That way we get a player who could still have a use in certain games and we are already paying, and if his agent does speak out, everyone will know once and for all who's fault it is.

I hope this can all be forgotten now, I still love Yaya and I want him to go out with a bit of grace/style in his final season.

He can still offer a role from the bench and games where we need to rotate, like the league cup against United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.