Yaya Toure

He actually knocked me sick tonight, who the fuck barely jogs in to defend a corner again utd in the last few minute's. Who does he think he is.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
If he takes his 200 grand out his back pocket he might move a bit faster.

If he carries on playing like tonight he can fuck off, because that was a disgrace.

It's annoying because he was class at Barca. A bit like Milner, who was class at Villa and isn't as good now.

Barca had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, Pedro, Ibra etc., Villa had A Young, Agbonlahor. What I'm saying is that they both either had creative guys or runners in the midfield or strikers who were proper centre forwards. At the moment the Gareth, James and Yaya have each other, and they're too similar, there's no variety, and they don't have the same type of players they had so have to adjust, problem is I think it's not going to work, we are so 1 dimensional it's untrue.

All it is down to his conditioning. He wasn't a regular at Barcelona so he hasn't had a run of games. However I am surprised that he hasn't settled down because I thought he was the signing that could adapt to the Premier League quickly enough.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
If he takes his 200 grand out his back pocket he might move a bit faster.

If he carries on playing like tonight he can fuck off, because that was a disgrace.

It's annoying because he was class at Barca. A bit like Milner, who was class at Villa and isn't as good now.

Barca had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, Pedro, Ibra etc., Villa had A Young, Agbonlahor. What I'm saying is that they both either had creative guys or runners in the midfield or strikers who were proper centre forwards. At the moment the Gareth, James and Yaya have each other, and they're too similar, there's no variety, and they don't have the same type of players they had so have to adjust, problem is I think it's not going to work, we are so 1 dimensional it's untrue.
Silva and Tevez answer that.

carlos92 said:
All it is down to his conditioning. He wasn't a regular at Barcelona so he hasn't had a run of games. However I am surprised that he hasn't settled down because I thought he was the signing that could adapt to the Premier League quickly enough.

Agree with this. Everyone talking about Silva needing to adjust but Yaya has played in La Liga himself for 3 years.

Playing on a Wednesday after playing on Sunday will be a shock to him and it showed tonight.

brady0 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he played for barca, it doesn't come naturally to him, what you see is what you get, sorry, deal with it is all i can really say...

same reason people hated Elano and Robbie, and 2bh, if we'd had them today we might have had some fucking creativity and options in the final 3rd.

Nonsense mate, Barca players work fucking hard, as soon as they lose the ball they are back trying to win it back. Maybe the fact working hard doesn't come naturally to him is one of the reasons Guardiola was happy to let him go.

I think any player would find it a damn site easier to play in Barca's team with their players and be far more comfortable than have to do the role he's given in our disjointed side.

and silva and tevez don't answer that or we'd have won tonight, we can't really on 2 guys to get us through a season, it's ridiculous.

Marked out of the game, absolutely non-existant.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
brady0 said:
Nonsense mate, Barca players work fucking hard, as soon as they lose the ball they are back trying to win it back. Maybe the fact working hard doesn't come naturally to him is one of the reasons Guardiola was happy to let him go.

I think any player would find it a damn site easier to play in Barca's team with our players and be far more comfortable than have to do the role he's given in our disjointed side.

and silva and tevez don't answer that or we'd have won tonight, we can't really on 2 guys to get us through a season, it's ridiculous.

Marked out of the game, absolutely non-existant.

I agree with this

I'm still miffed. That's a crucial position, he was utter dross at it. I forgave Robinho's lack of work (he got better though) because he was marginalised out wide- he left us exposed on that flank but thats less of a problem than if he'd left us exposed centrally. I'm firmly of the belief that central midfielders dictate games, and the pathetic no show I saw from this guy tonight could easily have cost us the game. Too leggy, too slow, too dull witted, too lazy, too careless. De Jong and Barry saved his bacon by attempting to go to 150% against 4 opposition players and deserve our thanks and credit for carrying him.

Also, if you're an attacking player, and you don't defend that well, I'll look the other way. If you're only 'OK' going forward, the least I expect is some sort of input to the defensive side of the game- especially in the centre where graft wins midfield battles. Silva, as an exmaple, works harder than I would deem satisfactory for a very useful attacking midfield player. He puts himself about and wins the occasional tackle- and there are no arguments at all about his primary role (and effectiveness) in the midfield. This is a string to his bow, he's a better player for being more complete.

Anyway, Bob. Drop this dude immediately.

I do sincerely want Yaya to do well at City, and I was excited by the signing because I've seen him put in good performances for Barca. He's not finished at City by a long chalk, but I've marked his card as a non-tryer and it'll take me a while to forget this performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.