Yaya Toure

Lucky Toma said:
He's arguably been our most important player over the past few seasons. Greatest ever? Not even close.

Are you using hyperbole to try and make some sort of point or are you really that silly?

He is easily in the top 10 of players to have played for City.

Silva is numero uno imo

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not even in our top five.

Bell, Swift, Trautmann, Doherty, Meredith, Woosnam, Lee, Tilson.

This club has had plenty of legends.

How many games have you watched of all these legends?

Toure is great passer, dribbler and team player. but he doesn't score enough goals and he's not great at defending.

I wouldn't call him lazy. maybe he doesn't like to defend. fair enough if that's the case. give him a attacking midfielder role, he could be our Zidane.

the only CM better than him in the EPL is probably Steven Gerrard.

Alex B said:
I cant think of a time he loses the ball! Seriously though why do some blues underate him? It baffles my head! Look what the great man has done for us! Every team wishes they had him!!!

Saying he isn't the best ever and underrating him are two completely different things

Top 10, yes. Best player ever? No chance

bluethunder said:
Toure is great passer, dribbler and team player. but he doesn't score enough goals and he's not great at defending.

I wouldn't call him lazy. maybe he doesn't like to defend. fair enough if that's the case. give him a attacking midfielder role, he could be our Zidane.

the only CM better than him in the EPL is probably Steven Gerrard.

lol

I can only go back as far as Colin Bell as a reference point, who was the best I personally can remember. Actually they play a similar game in many respects though they played for teams that played a very different way. Of course few could match the energy and stamina of Colin Bell, but Yaya's command of the midfield is hard to challenge.
We can only truly compare if we are lucky enough to see Yaya play as many games as King Colin. When all is said and done I don't think there are many better and more important players in their respective eras than these 2 City greats.

Probably the most well known player in terms of world presence that has ever played for City. The best and most encouraging aspect of your question is that we now have others also approaching those same levels of World Class performance.

I had a similar thought about Kun the other day. As football fans we love to dwell on the past and over exaggerate things, football as a game has developed massively as a technical sport over the past 30 years. Personally, i dont think any of our past greats would get near this side. I haven't seen Bell play but football is a different animal today to what it was in the 60's-70s. I do think Yaya could be the best player we've ever had and in 30 years from now i reckon people will be as romantic with him as we are with Bell, Summerbee etc today.

Yaya is not the greatest ever by any means but as others have said, he would very possibly make the City all-time XI. I do think that he would have stood out in previous generations.

No-one else today has his combination of size, pace, strength coupled with incredible touch and footballing nous. On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya. Despite the world-class players that we have: Kompany, Silva etc., only Yaya (and Aguero to a slightly lesser extent) have the "fear factor" to other clubs.

What manure, Chelski and especially Arsenal wouldn't do for a player like him. The nearest thing to Vieira in the game today. It is no coincidence that Arse have won nothing since he left.

So yeah, he's pretty damn good. Sometimes frustrating and lazy, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when his name is on the team-sheet.

Alex B said:
I cant think of a time he loses the ball! Seriously though why do some blues underate him? It baffles my head! Look what the great man has done for us! Every team wishes they had him!!!
Are you serious? never loses the ball? That is the most frustrating part of his game. Yes he is a good player, but he gets too casual when he is on the ball and loses it very easily some times in dangerous situations. he did yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.