Yaya Toure

that compilation is stunning.
theres not another player in
premier league history who
could put a better one together

All things being equal Yaya has to be the best City player of this generation. Played an integral part in every trophy we have won and like all big players he has always delivered when it mattered. Will Pep let him go? I'm not so sure. He is still the best player we have in terms of receiving possession under pressure and keeping the ball. We will have great players in the future but never another like Yaya.

All things being equal Yaya has to be the best City player of this generation. Played an integral part in every trophy we have won and like all big players he has always delivered when it mattered. Will Pep let him go? I'm not so sure. He is still the best player we have in terms of receiving possession under pressure and keeping the ball. We will have great players in the future but never another like Yaya.

Keeping the ball under pressure is key and keeping possession is what Pep is all about. I think Yaya will be staying. He may have a new role but unless we are going to attract three new midfield players then I can't see who from our current lot could be trusted to do the job.

Keeping the ball under pressure is key and keeping possession is what Pep is all about. I think Yaya will be staying. He may have a new role but unless we are going to attract three new midfield players then I can't see who from our current lot could be trusted to do the job.

Yep, I am inclined to think that Pep will find a way to get the best out of Yaya. And that won't be in a midfield 2!!!!

Is YaYa the best of this generation? Nice to have a few contenders to discuss!!!!
For me what makes players legends/icons/the best is their ability to stamp their personality on a game when it matters. We've just seen one of those die recently.

Looking through that lens Carlos decided many times he was going to lead by example (especially that season when he played up front largely on his own), Sergio has got us the goals we needed so often ( was there one v QPR) that I seem to recall? David is a dream to watch and always has been and so much goes through him but just my pinion, I think David suffers a bit in that he hadn't got those iconic goals that make history (plenty of sublime assists)

I would say VK is high up there - he's got his iconic moments but he has been our leader through everything. However I think YaYa has dominated games and come up with the moments so would put him as the best. He's been badly treated by Pellers this season and in terms of laziness , perhaps here or there but check out the obituaries and writing about Cruyff - they called him lazy too!!

In 6 months we've gone from a huge number of Blues calking him a lazy twat, wanting him out to claiming he's "doing the work of three players" (surely a fucking joke this?!) and kidding themselves into thinking he's going to have an important role in a Pep team.

He's been an absolute monster in the past but he's just not capable of doing that any more on a weekly basis. Hard to replace but not impossible, we should get someone who can actually put a shift in for 40+ games a season because we can't afford to carry anyone.

Somebody will probably mention the big games he's carried us through but the fact is that we don't play one of the big teams every week, we need consistency and players we can depend on. There are players out there who offer as much if not more than Yaya and can do that multiple times a week.

If we hold on to him for another season, his fitness will be even worse and his impact will be even less. Same with Silva (possibly my favourite player of this generation), we need to appreciate these players who have given us so much in the past but also move them on and build for the future. Clear the pipes and keep the sludge moving.

Its Guardiola's job to bring success and lay down a template for us to follow. If Pep keeps these players over his three years and we're left without replacements when he's done, he will have done a worse job than Manuel.

The only debate on this is whether Yaya is our greatest player of all time!

Build the statue City before Toure moves on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.