Yellow Ribbon.

Not sure what this is about but yellow ribbon used to be a united song and probably still is.

Not sure what this is about but yellow ribbon used to be a united song and probably still is.

Not sure what Raggy song had yellow ribbon in it but it is a huge statement in Catalunia. The Spanish government have jailed a number of Catalan politicians for holding a referendum and then declaring independence. Amazingly 2 politicians are still in jail. The so called uprising was put down with brute force not seen in mainland Europe for 50 years. The symbol the people of Catalonia have adopted to show their solidarity with the 2 jailed politicians is the yellow ribbon.
Pep has worn one on his lapel since the start of the unjust and disgraceful jailing of the politicians, no one has bothered to comment on it until PEG decided to stir the shit. He wrongly claimed Pep was breaking Premier league rules and said he should be punished.

I don't think us drawing more attention to it would do him any favours to be honest.

It'd likely get covered in the press, some dickheads would question why he's allowed to make a political statement on the touchline and the auhorities woupd habe to make a decison.

Going by the FIFA rules We all hear about when it comes to poppygate I suspect he's not allowed, and would be told not to wear it.

And considering his response in the press conference last week went along the lines of "they can suspend me if they want, I'm wearing it" - that's just going to cause trouble.

Let the man wear his ribbon, don't draw unnecessary attention to it IMO. If you really want to show your support, take a big senyera flag, wave it about and I'm sure he'd see it before showsec took it off you.

The Yellow Ribbon is indeed Pep's thing but I do feel that giving love to him and Girona FC (part of the City Family) with the odd Catalan Flag flown at the Match can't be a bad thing.. Pep would surely appreciate it and it would bring us as Fans closer to our Mint Manager on a personal level...

Not sure what Raggy song had yellow ribbon in it but it is a huge statement in Catalunia. The Spanish government have jailed a number of Catalan politicians for holding a referendum and then declaring independence. Amazingly 2 politicians are still in jail. The so called uprising was put down with brute force not seen in mainland Europe for 50 years. The symbol the people of Catalonia have adopted to show their solidarity with the 2 jailed politicians is the yellow ribbon.
Pep has worn one on his lapel since the start of the unjust and disgraceful jailing of the politicians, no one has bothered to comment on it until PEG decided to stir the shit. He wrongly claimed Pep was breaking Premier league rules and said he should be punished.
Not saying I agree with the jailing of the politicians , I actually think both sides have been a bit poorly behaved at times and though I disagreed with the way the Spanish Government reacted, unless the televised pictures and reports were massively sanitised I have seen a lot more brutality from police forces in Europe (and indeed this country) in the last 50 years than that , stupid though it was.
Can fully understand why Pep wears a ribbon though.

Not saying I agree with the jailing of the politicians , I actually think both sides have been a bit poorly behaved at times and though I disagreed with the way the Spanish Government reacted, unless the televised pictures and reports were massively sanitised I have seen a lot more brutality from police forces in Europe (and indeed this country) in the last 50 years than that , stupid though it was.
Can fully understand why Pep wears a ribbon though.

This is better in off top but no way has there been more violence in other european countries. Yes we had the miners strike and other countries had their disputes but the spanish cops hit old ladies. It was someones Grandma they dragged, by the hair, down steps, it was someones mother who they hit with a huge stick. Fight those that want to fight but dont batter innocents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.