Yemen War

The UK is guilty of more than just being complicit in this unconscionably evil crime. It not only turns the other way. It profits from the genocide committed by the Saudis and their subordinate satellite states. It also directly supports and enables the crime by providing military training, intelligence and diplomatic cover. It shows plainly the brazen hypocrisy of the west in it’s complete disregard for human rights and international law where it suits their geopolitical goals.

The UK is guilty of more than just being complicit in this unconscionably evil crime. It not only turns the other way. It profits from the genocide committed by the Saudis and their subordinate satellite states. It also directly supports and enables the crime by providing military training, intelligence and diplomatic cover. It shows plainly the brazen hypocrisy of the west in it’s complete disregard for human rights and international law where it suits their geopolitical goals.

What are its geopolitical goals in this instance?

What are its geopolitical goals in this instance?

To weaken and contain Iranian and Russian influence in the region. To support the fragile western-friendly dictatorships that it established and to continue to profit through billions worth of weapon sales.

And of course all these Arab countries would be beacons of peace & democracy, with Sunnis living in perfect harmony with their Shia neighbours (not to mention the Ahmadis, Yazidis & Bahais) if the nasty old west weren't sticking their noses in. And of course the Israelis would be inviting them all to their sons' barmitzvahs.

And of course all these Arab countries would be beacons of peace & democracy, with Sunnis living in perfect harmony with their Shia neighbours (not to mention the Ahmadis, Yazidis & Bahais) if the nasty old west weren't sticking their noses in. And of course the Israelis would be inviting them all to their sons' barmitzvahs.

So your argument is that it’s justified for the UK to support a genocide in Yemen because they’re all a bunch of savages? This is the most pathetic defence of the West that I’ve ever heard. But then we know how little you value Arab lives. Fewer potential enemies for Israel eh? Better they kill each other...

Last edited:

Which is called foreign aid. Quite a lot of people think foreign aid is what goes to help the people, when in truth, training others armies, comes under the foreign aid trick too.

Wrap a shit in tinsel and it will always shine in the sun.

You used to make some decent points in off topic but I’m not sure what’s happened.

So your argument is that it’s justified for the UK to support a genocide in Yemen because they’re all a bunch of savages? This is the most pathetic defence of the West that I’ve ever heard. But then we know how little you value Arab lives. Fewer potential enemies for Israel eh? Better they kill each other...
The Houthi Rebels started as a moderate rejectionist movement against what it saw as the corruption of the then Yemeni government but, with the help of Iran, was turned into a radical, militant Islamist group whose motto is "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam". So while I didn't specifically say that I support the UK's actions, I'm happy to confirm that I do indeed want to see every last one of them blown to pieces and, if we're actively assisting that process, so much the better.

These people are of the same ilk as the 9/11 hijackers, the Arena bomber and other radical Islamist lunatics. They are therefore clearly an existential threat to us and need to be eliminated at source. So on my personal "Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter", the war in Yemen doesn't give a very high reading.

The Houthi Rebels started as a moderate rejectionist movement against what it saw as the corruption of the then Yemeni government but, with the help of Iran, was turned into a radical, militant Islamist group whose motto is "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam". So while I didn't specifically say that I support the UK's actions, I'm happy to confirm that I do indeed want to see every last one of them blown to pieces and, if we're actively assisting that process, so much the better.

These people are of the same ilk as the 9/11 hijackers, the Arena bomber and other radical Islamist lunatics. They are therefore clearly an existential threat to us and need to be eliminated at source. So on my personal "Give-A-Fuck-O-Meter", the war in Yemen doesn't give a very high reading.

You are utterly clueless about Yemen and the Houthis. The Houthis are not a fanatical Islamist group. They do not aspire to establish an Islamic caliphate nor do they desire to expand Yemen's borders or engage in conflict with Israel or any other state. They are fighting the latest instalment of a long-running dispute with Saudi Arabia, which seeks the extermination of the Shia and what it views as "pro-Iranian" groups from their immediate region. The Saudis have been bombing the Houthis for decades. The Houthis had no choice but to turn to Iran for their weapons and they are more than entitled to do so.

The Houthis are nothing like the 9/11 hijackers. Ideologically, they are opposite. Israel, which has actually attacked both the UK and the US and which was founded by terrorism, shares infinitely more traits with the 9/11 hijackers. An existential threat to us? Is this a sick joke? Firstly, I suggest that you educate yourself on the meaning of the world "existential". Secondly, since when did the Houthis dispatch suicide bombers to the UK? Since when did the Houthis target the UK? And they would be entirely justified in doing so given that the UK has effectively declared war upon them. I've heard less extreme views from neo-Nazi white-supremacists. So spare everyone your repugnant and astonishingly ignorant views.

Last edited:
You are utterly clueless about Yemen and the Houthis. The Houthis are not a fanatical Islamist group. They do not aspire to establish an Islamic caliphate nor do they desire to expand Yemen's borders or engage in conflict with Israel or any other state. They are fighting the latest instalment of a long-running dispute with Saudi Arabia, which seeks the extermination of the Shia and what it views as "pro-Iranian" groups from their immediate region. The Saudis have been bombing the Houthis for decades. The Houthis had no choice but to turn to Iran for their weapons and they are more than entitled to do so.

The Houthis are nothing like the 9/11 hijackers. Ideologically, they are opposite. Israel, which has actually attacked both the UK and the US and which was founded by terrorism, shares infinitely more traits with the 9/11 hijackers. An existential threat to us? Is this a sick joke? Firstly, I suggest that you educate yourself on the meaning of the world "existential". Secondly, since when did the Houthis dispatch suicide bombers to the UK? Since when did the Houthis target the UK? And they would be entirely justified in doing so given that the UK has effectively declared war upon them. I've heard less extreme views from neo-Nazi white-supremacists. So spare everyone your repugnant and astonishingly ignorant views.
Maybe they need to change their flag
250px-Ansarullah_Flag_Vector.svg.png

To save you the effort of translating it means "God is the Greatest, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam".
Clearly, as you say, they have no interest in killing Americans, Israelis or Jews in general.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.