Yes by McAlmont & Butler

The chorus is ok, I remember the song as well but have no idea why it's popular again. Best song of the 90's? Spaceman, Babylon Zoo.

I remember Spaceman sounding brilliant on the levi's advert then it was a massive disappointment when it came out and only about 30 seconds of the song sounded like the advert and the rest of it was completely different... And crap

Flat beat Mr oizo trumped the Babylon Zoo number!

Every now and then I'll see this song pop up in convo on twitter or something similar, and everyone seems in agreement that it's a brilliant song. It happened again the other day on my twitter feed - people saying it's the best song of the 90's! And every time I have to listen to it and check that I'm listening to the same song...cos it's absolutely fucking AWFUL. What am I missing? I can't be the only person that thinks this monstrosity is absolutely horrendous!? And I don't just mean I think it's a bit of a crap song, it's honestly one of the worst I've ever heard. Has my head in my hands just a few seconds in with despair. Dreadful - so what am I missing? Is it just that the lyrics appeal to people who have been dumped and can't handle it? Even so the lyrics aren't particularly good? Can't just be me? If so then what am I missing? There's no real melody, the lyrics are shit, the violins are way over the top...it's just an awful mess, put people seem to love it?

Here it is for anyone that doesn't know it, make up your own minds:

Loved it then,love it now.

Every now and then I'll see this song pop up in convo on twitter or something similar, and everyone seems in agreement that it's a brilliant song. It happened again the other day on my twitter feed - people saying it's the best song of the 90's! And every time I have to listen to it and check that I'm listening to the same song...cos it's absolutely fucking AWFUL. What am I missing? I can't be the only person that thinks this monstrosity is absolutely horrendous!? And I don't just mean I think it's a bit of a crap song, it's honestly one of the worst I've ever heard. Has my head in my hands just a few seconds in with despair. Dreadful - so what am I missing? Is it just that the lyrics appeal to people who have been dumped and can't handle it? Even so the lyrics aren't particularly good? Can't just be me? If so then what am I missing? There's no real melody, the lyrics are shit, the violins are way over the top...it's just an awful mess, put people seem to love it?

Here it is for anyone that doesn't know it, make up your own minds:

Love it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.