Yet another Ebay question

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
I use Ebay quite a lot, nothing major only hobby type stuff but I keep getting notifications from Ebay almost insisting that I change from Paypal payments over to Ebay. It appears that they are looking at taking over from Paypal re selling/purchases on their site. They are asking for my bank account details and basically saying that my account will be suspended if I don't conform by the 30th April..... Is this a scam or is it kosher...everything seems to ' look ' OK

I use Ebay quite a lot, nothing major only hobby type stuff but I keep getting notifications from Ebay almost insisting that I change from Paypal payments over to Ebay. It appears that they are looking at taking over from Paypal re selling/purchases on their site. They are asking for my bank account details and basically saying that my account will be suspended if I don't conform by the 30th April..... Is this a scam or is it kosher...everything seems to ' look ' OK

Do a lot of ebay stuff, they have never asked me to change from paypal.

Check the senders address on the email.

I think you probably already know the answer.....

Check the senders address on the email.

I think you probably already know the answer.....

Just done a google search on several Q&A sites and it seems above board although it also seems that Ebay are being a bit melodramatic about it. They are blaming Paypals operating proceedures and saying it is now restricting Ebay sales, however the savings bought about changing to Ebay are negligible and are probably only useful to heavy users plus Ebay want 2 days for all transactions whereas Paypals is instant.

Yes it’s legit
They’re firing PayPal off. Trouble is you don’t get the funds straight away, it’s now two working days later.
Fractionally better for you in general, although you do save on the maximum £1 seller fee as PayPal took commission on the full amount whereas this new way doesn’t, just on the pound.
It’s a bit unfair if you sell a lot at once and don’t use eBay posting service - I had twenty eight items to post at a cost of about £120. The funds paid into PayPal were available straight away, now I’d have to wait a few days to release it.

Just done a google search on several Q&A sites and it seems above board although it also seems that Ebay are being a bit melodramatic about it. They are blaming Paypals operating proceedures and saying it is now restricting Ebay sales, however the savings bought about changing to Ebay are negligible and are probably only useful to heavy users plus Ebay want 2 days for all transactions whereas Paypals is instant.
Fair one. Always best to check though.

I'm always wary of any unsolicited emails asking for bank details, no matter how legit they seem.

Yes it’s legit
They’re firing PayPal off. Trouble is you don’t get the funds straight away, it’s now two working days later.
Fractionally better for you in general, although you do save on the maximum £1 seller fee as PayPal took commission on the full amount whereas this new way doesn’t, just on the pound.
It’s a bit unfair if you sell a lot at once and don’t use eBay posting service - I had twenty eight items to post at a cost of about £120. The funds paid into PayPal were available straight away, now I’d have to wait a few days to release it.
I thought it was a good idea as eBay told me that i’d avoid the PayPal fee... I sold an item this evening for £145.78 including the postage and they charged me a 10.667% fee, a £0.25 final value fee AND £3.16 VAT... I don’t recall ever having seen VAT as a line item... sadly it will reduce the amount I sell via eBay as it’s a dent in the value I’ve achieved...

I’ll stick to Facebook Marketplace as I currently don’t have a fee to pay

I was about to list a couple of sold out special edition Bromptons but I’ll have to rethink that plan as the fees and VAT would kill me.. I’ve already paid VAT on the bikes but now it appears I’ll have to bite the bullet if I want to sell there and pay it again???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.