Yokohama F. Marinos v City Post Match Thread

Great game against a very good team.
We did well to win considering half our team isn’t good enough : )

De Bruyne and Bravo looked really sharp. Sterling looks like he's taken a step up in his overall game. The CBs seem competent enough together; all you need honestly. Rodri settling in. The youth players looking eager. Good workout against fitter opposition that actually play football. Created chances galore. Pep still bald. No Jesus offsides.

Very satisfying.

Stirling seems to have metamorphosed into a young Thierry Henry over the last couple of years.

Entertaining game thanks to a decent opponent that tried to play against us. Both sides could have had more goals. We'll need to tighten up for our next match.

Looks like keeping KDB fit could be a very important factor in the coming season. The combination of KDB and Sterling playing centrally looks very dangerous.

By the by I love a chant they did:

Think we should steal it and reskin it to make it more relevent.
Only kicker is we'd have to be willing to collaberate between stands/fans. With the attitude of some of our *Cough* less willing fans, could we manage it?

Rodri looks fantastic. The passing network from Stones/Laporte to Rodri to KDB will devastate a lot of Premier League teams this season. Interesting to see Foden wide left as well. That was a Pep message to Leroy I think.

Angelino involved, Sterling with the nice assist and a sweet chip from David. Sterling picked up another assist as Leroy found the near bottom corner from the edge of the box. Brilliant interplay Gündoğan and David and Raheem caressed it opposite top bins. After KDB's shot, very smart turn from Sané sitting the defender down, opening the goal and making the sweet finish look easy. Good build up, afforded a lot of space and with a tidy finish Nabil Touaizi got our 5th. Excellent play Bernabé would quite like to see if he can make it, Pozo pounced on the loose ball for a cool 1-6. Thought it was a definite pen on Bernabé, apparently was another one I missed too, not important just nice to see we're being made to feel at home. Hope they widen the availability of City TV soon, enjoyed what I saw of the game today, my motm Raz.
First time watching Yokohama, they play good football, cool to see their pressing allowing us to play around them. Long pass Bravo, great play Bernardo, KDB cut onto his left foot and smashed it home. Motm Kevin released Sterling to composedly slot into the opposite bottom corner. Nice pass Gündoğan, Bernabé got past the defender and Nmecha finished it off. Now the real fun begins, c'mon City!

Rodri looks fantastic. The passing network from Stones/Laporte to Rodri to KDB will devastate a lot of Premier League teams this season. Interesting to see Foden wide left as well. That was a Pep message to Leroy I think.

For me, Rodri had one of those games where you barely noticed him and I mean that in a good way: he kept it simple and did what he needed to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.