York away documentary, City + TV

Yes I agree just before York away night match a woman to get to got in just before ko that drive home was possibly my lowest point as a blue genuinely thought it was the end of us as a club that could ever challenge for honours, took my daughter I had no answer as to what was going on felt guilty for subjecting her to such miserable football, the teasing she got at school was terrible, but I can tell you she has well and truly got her own back these last 10 years.
I came down from Scotland (where i lived at the time) for the Lincoln game and stayed in a hotel. It was a dire performance. I really thought we were doomed as a club, destined to be trapped in the lower leagues for ever. The only other game that affected me as badly was the home defeat to Bury which was a different season during our twilight years which all seem to merge into one nightmare period for me.

I got the train to this game and remember Daft Donald causing fear amongst the shoppers, a one man wrecking spree . Great day on the p**s beforehand on the many boozers York has to offer.
The young guy who scored the winner. I worked with him on the railway about 10 years ago
York is a great place for a day on the sauce, some cracking boozers there.

Really enjoyed the documentary. Didn't go to York but went to quite a few aways that season.
Lincoln away in a night game when we lost 2-1 and seeing them celebrate like they'd won the world cup and lottery was horrible.

I didn't go to the game, it was a period in life when I wasn't in a good place as they say, I just wasn't myself. I was working hard so got little chance to bloody go to games !!!!!!!!!!!
BUT I was at rovers away when we won 4-1 :-)

Also both 1981 cup final games :-(

I .....this was the days when the loudest songs were "We're shit and we're sick of it", "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and the old classic which used to rise in the Main Stand to a howl around the ground: "What the fuck is goign on?".

May be on the anniversary of York away, and when fans are back, we can have a few renditions of those songs for old times sake. We’ll just need to make sure the club and players know what’s going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.