York away (footage)

Was in York a few hours ago passing through on the train with all the jubilant Blues back from Newcastle, not been home long. What get's tiresome is that those of us that did actually go to the York game don't actually mention it as much those who clearly didn't go and bang on about it. Went everyone that season and didn't we just love

I jumped the queues and ended up in the away end. You can just see me boinging up and down when our goal went it.
I was with my mate in the main Stand, the seats had no segregation and I was sat next to an OAP York fan who took the piss out of City all game. Horrible day

Don't want to sound solemn — and I know that this is supposed to be a thread for banter — but the thing is this.
Only on the main forum of MCFC, a club that has been multiple champions in the last decade, that amassed 100 points in one of those championship years, that did an unprecedented domestic treble (etc., etc.) would the fans want to reminisce, jokingly or not, there or not, about this experience.
I can't imagine another club in Europe, let alone in the country, that wouldn't want to sweep it under the carpet. And yes, there or not, we're proud of it too. It too, is part of the tapestry, painful as it was at the time.
Fans of other clubs who accuse us of being plastics, in totally bad faith of course, just don't get it!

Don't want to sound solemn — and I know that this is supposed to be a thread for banter — but the thing is this.
Only on the main forum of MCFC, a club that has been multiple champions in the last decade, that amassed 100 points in one of those championship years, that did an unprecedented domestic treble (etc., etc.) would the fans want to reminisce, jokingly or not, there or not, about this experience.
I can't imagine another club in Europe, let alone in the country, that wouldn't want to sweep it under the carpet. And yes, there or not, we're proud of it too. It too, is part of the tapestry, painful as it was at the time.
Fans of other clubs who accuse us of being plastics, in totally bad faith of course, just don't get it!
City fans have always been loyal, stubborn, funny......most of all piss heads and despisers of Utd.....

"We never win at home and we never win away."......typical of City humour. Self deprecating but also true that mostly we were ....pissed up and didn't give a fuck.. ...fighting for the cause at any given opportunity.

The lower we went the more I wanted to go...............weird.

Just to be awkward maybe? Or maybe I thought we'd win more games than we lost in lower leagues.....had to be a better time.........then came Gillingham........from despair to elation....the joys of being a blue wrapped up in one game.

Last edited:
It's what keeps us grounded, isn't it? We never forget where we've come from. Having gone through the shitty times, and not simply airbrushing that era from our history, makes the current good times so much sweeter.

To paraphrase Paul Morley, it's easy to start supporting a winning team , you're just doing it for reflected glory.
I wasn't at York away, in fact I didn't go to a game all season or for that matter many games after 92/93 until about 2006 as the family came first. Probably classed as a second phase glory hunter as me and my lad started going to all the cup games from about 2008 onwards plus the odd league game either through buying a ticket or using a mate's when they couldn't go. Bought a season card when the the expansion happened in 2015 and been a regular ever since.
However I was at the Swamp in 74, at Derby in 77, when they had to repaint the penalty spot, the Leeds riot in 78.
Just a pity I missed the cup final where a full back broke his leg!

City fans have always been loyal, stubborn, funny......most of all piss heads and despisers of Utd.....

"We never win at home and we never win away."......typical of City humour. Self deprecating but also true that mostly we were ....pissed up and didn't give a fuck.. ...fighting for the cause at any given opportunity.

The lower we went the more I wanted to go...............weird.

Just to be awkward maybe? Or maybe I thought we'd win more games than we lost in lower leagues.....had to be a better time.........then came Gillingham........from despair to elation....the joys of being a blue wrapped up in one game.

We wanted to go because it was our club and it needed us. It was also a badge of honour and it's hard to believe now but almost every other clubs fans admired our loyalty. They couldn't believe how we'd travel all over the country in our thousands, in the old third division, while the rags across town were winning everything. Now the younger morons sing, WWYWYWS at us. Crackers eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.