Yorkshire Cricket Club

I have had personal experience of it, see my earlier post, an Asian lad at work brought rap music into work where the N word was regularly used. It became a kind of banter, hey my N, yo my N, short story, he recorded it and went to a tribunal and trousered around 100k in garden leave, compo and severance pay, one of his colleagues told us later it was all premeditated, you’re naive if you don’t think that goes on.
That certainly hasn’t happened with Rafiq though. He went to the leadership of the club to make it stop and they told him to go away. This is a build up of years of bullying and abuse, with zero help coming from those who’s responsibility it is to help.

In what way do you think the posted article (about Rafiq calling someone a wanker on Twitter over a decade ago) is relevant to the case?
It doesn’t absolve any guilt of those who dished out the abuse if that’s what you’re asking.

Indeed. It was irrelevant. Or whataboutery, if you like.
Calling someone a wanker 10 years ago is insignificant (I called someone that every week at cricket when I was playing) but general social interactions throughout his time there are important. To be clear though, I haven’t claimed any guilt on Rafiq’s part, only that we on here don’t really know so to say either way is silly AND… even if he was a total arse, that doesn’t absolve any guilt of Ballance or the leadership of YCCC and other members of the club.

That’s my last point on this minor point.

Sorry guys I’m new to this topic and this may have already been covered. Apparently he had 2 spells at YCCC, if the abuse was that bad why go back for the second?

Institutional racism at a County Cricket Club. If this was leaked prior but the County not named, I guarantee the overwhelming speculation would be directed towards Yorkshire, they are strange fuckers over that side of the Pennines and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Calling someone a wanker 10 years ago is insignificant (I called someone that every week at cricket when I was playing) but general social interactions throughout his time there are important. To be clear though, I haven’t claimed any guilt on Rafiq’s part, only that we on here don’t really know so to say either way is silly AND… even if he was a total arse, that doesn’t absolve any guilt of Ballance or the leadership of YCCC and other members of the club.

That’s my last point on this minor point.

His general social interactions during his time there are not important.

You seem to be putting a lot of stock in a letter from unnamed and an unknown number of staff about Rafiq's character.

Yet having been confirmed that racism was/is an issue at YCCC you believe Joe Root's statement about never hearing it?

Joe Root, who during his whole 10 year career at Yorkshire has played in matches, training sessions and shared the dressing room with Gary Ballance (and on International duty) but never heard him using racial slurs?

Only you and his mum would believe that.

His general social interactions during his time there are not important.

You seem to be putting a lot of stock in a letter from unnamed and an unknown number of staff about Rafiq's character.

Yet having been confirmed that racism was/is an issue at YCCC you believe Joe Root's statement about never hearing it?

Joe Root, who during his whole 10 year career at Yorkshire has played in matches, training sessions and shared the dressing room with Gary Ballance (and on International duty) but never heard him using racial slurs?

Only you and his mum would believe that.
I said it was my last point on the matter of the staff’s accusations of his character. I didn’t say it was that important, I don’t think it makes the slight bit of difference to the defence of the club or the likes of Ballance, I was only arguing we cannot know and likely won’t know what, if anything, they were accusing him of.

Since I’ve read the report I find it very hard to believe Root never heard anything. Root isn’t guilty of racism to Rafiq as confirmed by Rafiq but he’s doing his best to completely stay out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.