Yorkshire Cricket Club

His general social interactions during his time there are not important.

You seem to be putting a lot of stock in a letter from unnamed and an unknown number of staff about Rafiq's character.

Yet having been confirmed that racism was/is an issue at YCCC you believe Joe Root's statement about never hearing it?

Joe Root, who during his whole 10 year career at Yorkshire has played in matches, training sessions and shared the dressing room with Gary Ballance (and on International duty) but never heard him using racial slurs?

Only you and his mum would believe that.

Maybe he is a bit dim and just thought they were talking about Kevin Pieterson.

Neither one of us have a clue if they are racist individually, if any of the accusations against Rafiq are true or even what the accusations are. The difference is you and a some other people have already decided you
do know.
You said it yourself, you don’t know if they are or aren’t… you’re definitely not impartial though. Shut up and accept what we all know, YCCC are institutionally racist. The end

You said it yourself, you don’t know if they are or aren’t… you’re definitely not impartial though. Shut up and accept what we all know, YCCC are institutionally racist. The end
You cannot claim I’m not impartial and then tell me to accept something I’ve already accepted all along!

I said it was my last point on the matter of the staff’s accusations of his character. I didn’t say it was that important, I don’t think it makes the slight bit of difference to the defence of the club or the likes of Ballance, I was only arguing we cannot know and likely won’t know what, if anything, they were accusing him of.

Since I’ve read the report I find it very hard to believe Root never heard anything. Root isn’t guilty of racism to Rafiq as confirmed by Rafiq but he’s doing his best to completely stay out of it.

But you stated "but general social interactions throughout his time there are important". The letter should be completely dismissed.

It should be incredibly hard for Root to stay of it, he's the England captain and there should be huge consequences for an England captain that hears racist comments and turns a blind eye to it.

But you stated "but general social interactions throughout his time there are important". The letter should be completely dismissed.

It should be incredibly hard for Root to stay of it, he's the England captain and there should be huge consequences for an England captain that hears racist comments and turns a blind eye to it.
Of course they are, he’s been racially abused during them!

He wasn’t at the time but I do agree, expect a lot of cliched stock answers and evasion from Root until it blows over.. if it will blow over.

Sorry guys I’m new to this topic and this may have already been covered. Apparently he had 2 spells at YCCC, if the abuse was that bad why go back for the second?

Needed to get paid to support his family, and Derbyshire couldn't pay. Believes he was in denial about what was going on.

Also, in his own words here:

(summarises to: seemed different when he went back with a well disposed coach Jason Gillespie. Then both left, and the existing captain Gale became coach with Ballance becoming captain. It went downhill from there)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.