You are Roberto Mancini...

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
You have been given £400m to spend. You have been given a napkin by Noel Gallagher and Garry Cook, and you have the world of football at your fingertips after another impressive season of progress for City. You have been linked with a few big names, but who do you sign, and how much for? You can sign as many players as you want.

My choices:
Eljero Elia from Hamburg - Age 24:
A quick and pacy winger - that I've used in several arguments this season in regard to how we used our money in January - that would be either cover for Adam Johnson or as another winger. He can play left or right wing, like Adam Johnson, and would provide service for Dzeko. Elia knows where the net is as well, having bagged 29 goals in his short career. He also has 22 assists credited to him on Wikipedia. He's also fallen out with the board at Hamburg, so this could make him more of a possibility.

Fee: £20m

Fun fact to do with City: he scored against City for FC Twente not so long ago in the UEFA Cup. City went on to win the game 3-2.

Juan Mata from Valencia - Age 22:
Another quick and pacy winger who knows where the net is. He can play anywhere across the front and middle and would provide excellent cover for Silva or AJ should they be injured. Mata knows Silva quite well, as they both progressed from the same academy at Valencia. Mata has scored 53 goals in a career of 5 years. The only problem with Mata is that he is not known for his strength, and he could take a while to adapt to the physical side of the English game.

Fee: £18m
Fun fact to do with City: Juan Mata replaced for City winger Albert Riera in a Confederations Cup game in 2009.

Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan - Age 26:
After impressing in the Dutch league, Sneijder went to Real Madrid. After being sold for £13m to Inter Milan, Sneijder established himself in the Inter Milan team and lead Holland to the World Cup final with 6 goals in the tournament. In the City team, Sneijder would provide pace in midfield with his quick passing and intelligent movement - something City have lacked in midfield this season.

Fee: £25m

Fun fact to do with City: Sneijder lined up alongside City midfielder Nigel de Jong in the World Cup final.

theres a player in the spanish league that will become a star one day i think.his name is lionel messi. dont think he would cost much either.

Mata would cost about 15-20m. Silva for 24m...Mata is good but not as good as Silva. + Valencia are still in financial trouble...not as bad as before after getting over 60m from Silva and Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.