Young Posters, Why Bother?

sweynforkbeard said:
fbloke said:
Did some of you miss my tiny winky ;-)

I expect Mrs fbloke may be quite fed up with it, as am I - having spent 25 minutes scrubbing my monitor to remove what I thought was a dirty smudge.

She has referred to it as such as well!

A classic no chance? everyone is just feeding the forum's biggest attention seeker. He is seriously embarrassing at times. And should actually be stopped from making threads for his own health.

;) (still mean every word)

fbloke said:
I suppose this is more aimed at people over the age of 21, but please feel free to answer whatever age you happen to be.

I was wondering if there was any point in allowing younger people on Bluemoon as they are typically narrow minded and reactionary to the Nth degree.

Younger posters hold no interest for as they simply regurgitate the opinions of others (normally their parents) and cannot think for themselves.

Am I alone in thinking there should be a new, age verification system put in place to stop threads being swamped with the usual 'copy and paste' bollocks we older and wiser posters have to put up with?

Would it be wrong for the more intelligent, older posters who find the use of text-speak abhorrent the right of veto over any new member joining if they are unable to post anything of value?

I do fear for the younger generation as they seemingly don't want to learn from their betters. People like me, Damocles, Ric, Didsbury Dave, Tolmie's (of course) and Pigeonho for example.

So come on folks isn't it about time to stop these young-uns form posting?

;-)

My daughter is 21 and has more intelligence and originality than you.

stonerblue said:
fbloke said:
I suppose this is more aimed at people over the age of 21, but please feel free to answer whatever age you happen to be.

I was wondering if there was any point in allowing younger people on Bluemoon as they are typically narrow minded and reactionary to the Nth degree.

Younger posters hold no interest for as they simply regurgitate the opinions of others (normally their parents) and cannot think for themselves.

Am I alone in thinking there should be a new, age verification system put in place to stop threads being swamped with the usual 'copy and paste' bollocks we older and wiser posters have to put up with?

Would it be wrong for the more intelligent, older posters who find the use of text-speak abhorrent the right of veto over any new member joining if they are unable to post anything of value?

I do fear for the younger generation as they seemingly don't want to learn from their betters. People like me, Damocles, Ric, Didsbury Dave, Tolmie's (of course) and Pigeonho for example.

So come on folks isn't it about time to stop these young-uns form posting?

;-)

My daughter is 21 and has more intelligence and originality than you.

Thats very nice, well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.