Young Sheldon

Sam Armstrong

Anyone catch tonight’s very poignant episode with the funeral of, Sheldon’s father, George?

Excellent script with equally excellent acting. Can’t deny I sat here stifling tears … I think that’s probably down to the factor of losing my own Dad only a couple of months ago.

The same scenarios went through my head about what I would have said had I known the last time I saw him would be just that … the last time!! Sadly, I left it too late.

The funeral was a blur with having no part of the arrangement other than to be in attendance at Bangor Crematorium. To me, that box wasn’t my Dad and I couldn’t associate the two, I wanted to do the eulogy but had no say in it as the celebrant was given the task despite my protestations so consequently I feel I never truly said goodbye to him and I really regret it.

He would’ve been 80 on the coming 29th November so I intend to go out to Porthdaforch Beach on Anglesey, near where he lived, that day, do my own eulogy and release some Chinese lanterns out to the sea he loved to sail his yacht on …. and finally unashamedly cry my eyes out.

Sorry for the self-indulgent pity but needed to get it off my chest …. thank you for reading this through to its conclusion and apologies.IMG_3852.jpeg
RIP Dad xx

Last edited:
Great series and that episode when his dad died shocked me, yes I totally understand what you must feel, it’s like when you walk out the door arguing with family it might be the last time for some. I don’t think you should beat yourself up about it pal, he will have known you loved him and just do what you want there is zero shame in crying over a loved one, in fact the total opposite.

It was a brilliant study in the way different people handle grief, from Sheldon's angle it was replaying that last moment and everything he could have said but didn't. Missy's confusion that other people use laughter to mask their feelings, Mary's anger and extreme religiosity and fear for her children's souls. I expect it to be used in bereavement training for many years.

I'm sorry that in your case you wanted to say something but weren't able to do so, and glad that you have been able to use this forum as a way or saying something. I hope your visit to Porthdaforch Beach is all you hope it will be.

I do sometimes lead funerals and do like to give family the opportunity to speak. But, am aware that sometimes tensions are heightened - often over those different ways we handle grief and assumptions about the "correct" way to do so.

At least Sheldon got a whole television programme to give his eulogy - even if he didn't manage it on the day.

Anyone catch tonight’s very poignant episode with the funeral of, Sheldon’s father, George?

Excellent script with equally excellent acting. Can’t deny I sat here stifling tears … I think that’s probably down to the factor of losing my own Dad only a couple of months ago.

The same scenarios went through my head about what I would have said had I known the last time I saw him would be just that … the last time!! Sadly, I left it too late.

The funeral was a blur with having no part of the arrangement other than to be in attendance at Bangor Crematorium. To me, that box wasn’t my Dad and I couldn’t associate the two, I wanted to do the eulogy but had no say in it as the celebrant was given the task despite my protestations so consequently I feel I never truly said goodbye to him and I really regret it.

He would’ve been 80 on the coming 29th November so I intend to go out to Porthdaforch Beach on Anglesey, near where he lived, that day, do my own eulogy and release some Chinese lanterns out to the sea he loved to sail his yacht on …. and finally unashamedly cry my eyes out.

Sorry for the self-indulgent pity but needed to get it off my chest …. thank you for reading this through to its conclusion and apologies.View attachment 134863
RIP Dad xx
Beautiful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.