Younger United fans

Johnny Mars Bar

Team supported
St. Mark’s
Okay hear me out -

I’m just on the bus into town and there’s some young lad, probably about 14, with a rag shirt on, and it got me thinking - this lad has only ever known United to be a shite laughing stock. Much in the same way as young City fans have only known City to be winners.

So, should we have a bit of sympathy for mini rags? I’m proud to have grown up in the 90s and supported the underdogs when I was in school full of United fans.

Maybe the younger rags of today feel the same?

But we never had the sense of entitlement they do, I suppose.

It's a strange situation to be in.

When I see young blues going to games on my trains with their families/mates I say to them how lucky they are not to have seen us when we were shite.

Maybe the next generation of rag kids will have the humility we had? Or they might just be gobby cunts harking back to Scouse like history.

United fans in the 70s and 80s didn't have alot to get excited about,bar the odd cup win.
And they were mainly aggressive, arrogant wankers back then.
I had many run ins and confrontations with them in those days,both verbal and physical.
So as far as I can see,the younger United fans will unfortunately be the same as the older ones.
CUNTS is the best description that springs to my FOC mind !!!!

Last edited:
Look, this is just an outsider’s perspective, but there’s a difference between being a laughing stock because you’re shit and being a laughing stock because you were once a dominant force and acquired an untrammeled arrogance and are now the subject of ridicule because it’s all gone to pieces and sides you once dismissed and disparaged are tonking you and your club’s a fucking nuclear meltdown with no hope of a near-term solution.

Last edited:
Okay hear me out -

I’m just on the bus into town and there’s some young lad, probably about 14, with a rag shirt on, and it got me thinking - this lad has only ever known United to be a shite laughing stock. Much in the same way as young City fans have only known City to be winners.

So, should we have a bit of sympathy for mini rags? I’m proud to have grown up in the 90s and supported the underdogs when I was in school full of United fans.

gran-torino-clint-eastwood.gif

Look, this is just an outsider’s perspective, but there’s a difference between being a laughing stock because you’re shit and being a laughing stock because you were once a dominant force and acquired an untrammeled arrogance and are now the subject of ridicule because it’s all gone to pieces and sides you once ridiculed are tonking you and your club’s a fucking nuclear meltdown with no hope of a near-term solution.

You’re right.

I apologise.

Delete thread.

Fuck the scum.

Okay hear me out -

Just hand them a call card for the Samaritans. They may even thank you one day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.