Your all time top ten

I was born in the mid 1970's so my formative years supporting City were the 1980's. With the best will in the world there are pretty slim pickings amongst that group so my list does have a recent slant to it.
Silva.
Toure.
Aguero.
Lake.
Zaba.
Kompany.
Kinkladze.
Tevez.
Rosler.
Goater.

Interested in the fairly constant inclusion of Paul Lake. I remember watching Lake during the period 87-90 and he was a fine player no doubt. He always appeared to have more time on the ball than anyone else and was very graceful in his movement around the pitch; he had a great engine - very 'Colin Bell' in fact. I have little doubt that he would have gone on to be a great player at club and national level. But the reality is that he never had the chance to live up to that potential. He was growing into a role as a central defender/sweeper and club captain when he was injured in 1990 and that was effectively that. If we are looking at 'all-time greats' there are plenty to go at. I think Lake's inclusion is an emotional response to all-too-early loss of a fine player, certainly, but not for a me 'great' player. I would judge great players as those who, for a given period, made a real impact, so Ali B being a good example; arrived as Keegan's team were just bedding in and made an immediate and substantial difference, taking an already attack-minded outfit to a higher level. I would also include Goater far more readily than Rosler; for me the Goat epitomises the re-emergence of City in the same way that I think that Rosler - a fine player deffo - stands out in a period of real marked decline. Anyway, all about opinions I suppose...

1 silva
2 Aguero
3 Bell
4 Lee
5 Toure
6 Kompany
7 Kdb
8 Watson
9 Tevez
10 Tueart

For many reasons I find it impossible to pick 10, I started with Bell, Lee, Sumerbee, etc, I could pick 10 of them easily.

Can't compare different era's, Tueart's, Watson's, Rosler's, Lake's, Goat's, Mancini's, current, so I can't possibly pick 10, as its horses for courses, and depends where we were at the time.

One thing, loved them all in their own way, what a journey, not many clubs have our history.

Worst 10 anyone??
Here’s mine.....
1. Gerry Creanie
2. Jamie Pollock
3. Bob Taylor
4. Bernado Corradi
5. Georgious Samaras
6. Ben Thatcher
7. Benjani
8. Lee Bradbury
9. Rolando Bianchi
10. Roque Santa Cruz
Does Gláuber Berti make worst 10 or best 10?

No particular order my fav 10 players of my time

Quinn ( reason I started following City)
Rosler
Wrightphillips
Aguero
Silva
Yaya
Kompany
Zabaleta
Hart
Kdb removed for now — how could I forget the GOAT

1. Yaya Touré
2. Colin Bell
3. David Silva
4. Sergio Agüero
5. Bert Trautmann
6. Francis Lee
7. Vincent Kompany
8. Carlos Tevez
9. Kevin De Bruyne
10. Mike Summerbee

Gonna cheat and go with 11:-

Corrigan

Zab
Kompany
Watson
Pardoe

Yaya
Dave
Colin
Kevin

Sergio
Tevez
Subs:-

Hart
Doyle
Power
Hartford
Kinky
Tueart
Goat

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.