Your Bedroom growing up

Daz_Blue

FLORIDA, USA, FORMALLY OF WOODHOUSE PARK MANCHESTE
Posters on the wall of bands I liked at the time ( Uriah Heep, Fleetwood Mac, etc) a big poster of Olivia Newton John who as an early teen I had the hots for, airfix planes hanging from the ceiling ....Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster, Liberator and others I forgot, a black and white portable TV with an aerial on that I had to fuck about with to get a picture, a stereo, A city duvet cover and posters of Dennis Tueart and Kiddo and a league table on the back of the bedroom door which I changed Saturday night after the scores came in ...one of them where you can remove team names on small pieces of paper up and down .....several games in the closet, subutteo cricket, big league, escape from colditz, fastest gun and rebound ..... and a radio so I could listen to radio luxembourg at night under my bed covers ....best radio station ever...and a collection of football players on coins I got when dad filled up the car at ESSO

Grey habitat wallpaper (get me,) with black red and white diagonal stripes. Big fuck of map where I drew a north south divide for the wash to the Bristol Channel. Black and white television that I could turn off easily if parents came upstairs while watching that cretin Steve rider on midweek sports special. ZX spectrum 48k set up with manic miner on the go. Loads of West Ham tat all over the gaff. The rug was my favourite though it had to go when i was 16 as I'd chucked up 4 pints of guinness over it one night. Different times

2-4 years old star wars wallpaper, city pictures on the wall put up by me dad, bunk beds as I had to share with me brother airfix model hanging from the cieling too.

5-10 ish more city stuff, toys, a scaletrix always set up in the middle of the room, a bbc acorn electron computer later an atari.
Record player with radio and seperate tape tape machine with mic to tape songs off the radio, the wire was too short so was extende by one of them little plastic conetors that came loose easily and became an electric hazzard.

11-16 city stuff, telly, video, more music, city film and music posters, books and near the end art 'cough' magazines normally stored safely under the matress

Last edited:
1950's, so colder than a freezer. Winter mornings conundrum: grab your clothes and get dressed in bed or grin and bear it and do speed dressing? Frost on the inside of the window.
Best days of your life, my arse.

Bloody hell Daz,brought some memories back there.
Especially the league table and the Esso coins.
I had the 1970 world cup squad with a cardboard holder for them.

well being 57 my walls were covered in city posters and newspaper clippings, didnt have pictures of anything else, just city stuff.

1950's, so colder than a freezer. Winter mornings conundrum: grab your clothes and get dressed in bed or grin and bear it and do speed dressing? Frost on the inside of the window.
Best days of your life, my arse.

Yes. Remember it well and the dash to the outside bog.

Posters on the wall of bands I liked at the time ( Uriah Heep, Fleetwood Mac, etc) a big poster of Olivia Newton John who as an early teen I had the hots for, airfix planes hanging from the ceiling ....Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster, Liberator and others I forgot, a black and white portable TV with an aerial on that I had to fuck about with to get a picture, a stereo, A city duvet cover and posters of Dennis Tueart and Kiddo and a league table on the back of the bedroom door which I changed Saturday night after the scores came in ...one of them where you can remove team names on small pieces of paper up and down .....several games in the closet, subutteo cricket, big league, escape from colditz, fastest gun and rebound ..... and a radio so I could listen to radio luxembourg at night under my bed covers ....best radio station ever...and a collection of football players on coins I got when dad filled up the car at ESSO
did you ever try to shoot the planes down while ogling the olivia newton john poster

Lino floor painted blue to look like the sea..... round green rug in the middle to represent an island , a great big aeroplane (balsa wood and tissue made by my dad) hanging from the ceiling to look as though it was swooping down to attack ... brilliant for rainy days .... they just refused to buy the Johnny 7 gun to round it all off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.