Your Bedroom growing up

i was(and still am) a big horror movie fan so my room was full of any horror posters and standees i could get from local video shops. Also a megaton of these
5l10zd.jpg

Posters on the wall of bands I liked at the time ( Uriah Heep, Fleetwood Mac, etc) a big poster of Olivia Newton John who as an early teen I had the hots for, airfix planes hanging from the ceiling ....Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster, Liberator and others I forgot, a black and white portable TV with an aerial on that I had to fuck about with to get a picture, a stereo, A city duvet cover and posters of Dennis Tueart and Kiddo and a league table on the back of the bedroom door which I changed Saturday night after the scores came in ...one of them where you can remove team names on small pieces of paper up and down .....several games in the closet, subutteo cricket, big league, escape from colditz, fastest gun and rebound ..... and a radio so I could listen to radio luxembourg at night under my bed covers ....best radio station ever...and a collection of football players on coins I got when dad filled up the car at ESSO

Staggering. Swap the music for something else and we grew up the same.

Woodchip on the walls, condensation on the windows and a big picture of Gary Glitter watching over me. I try to forget it to be honest.

Pictures of Marianne Faithfull, Helen Shapiro, beach buggies after watching the Thomas Crown Affair, airfix kits hanging from the ceiling Hurricane, Spitfire, Lancaster, Dakota and a big transport plane where the front doors opened to put your army Dinky toys in.

"Your" bedroom, do you mean "Your share of" bedroom? I always got the fucking window which meant not much wall for posters but did have a handy water supply nearby and a nice cool breeze in the summer.

Oh yeah, first ten years was on one of those springy fold up camp beds which came with a 2 inch thick mattress. Would have slept on the floor as more comfortable, only no wall to wall carpets so too cold. Actually, thinking about it, not sure we had wall to wall floors!

Also, door left open in winter to allow heat (& smell) from the paraffin heater on the landing.

Where's my therapist's number?

Woodchip on the walls, condensation on the windows and a big picture of Gary Glitter watching over me. I try to forget it to be honest.
I was the same, apart from gary glitter.
I remember when you had to back your school books with your wallpaper. Out of about 30 kids there was me and one other off the estate who was the woodchip boys. The posh twats with their pvc shiny shite got a slap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.