Your constituency

Colne Valley (West of Huddersfield)
Jason McCartney - Conservative

Won it from Labour by about 5000 in 2015. Lib Dems got wiped out.
Won it from Lib Dems by about the same in 2010. Labour a close 3rd.
Has traditionally been a Labour/Liberal seat down the years having looked at the history...

In the post-war period the seat had the distinction of being one of the few Labour/Liberal marginals, changing hands between the parties on several occasions. It is now considered a three-way marginal seat and has been held by each of the three major parties in the last 40 years. It has also been a bellwether constituency since the 1987 general election.
(wiki)

It seems that the Brexit vote for the constituency was for Remain, just (51%), so it's not really a "Brexit Seat" so the Cons can't rely on that keeping it in their favour, but we'll see. May depend on who goes up against him.

It could get interesting. It's good being in a close/interesting seat, these days. My vote might actually mean something!?

FTR I'm from Manchester, so don't start.

-)

Seat went to Thelma Walker, a local ex-teacher, for Labour by about 900 votes from 5500 down...

mwwsj8.png

This time...
aymywl.png

Turn out up by about 3700,
UKIP didn't stand so 5700 went elsewhere
Yorkshire First didn't stand so 500 went elsewhere
LibDems down by 900
Greens down by 900
Total to be had 11700

Labour up by 9000
Cons up by 2700
Total gained 11700

Conclusions:
Kippers went 3000 Lab/2700 Cons
1800 Lib Dems and Greens went Labour
Vast majority if not all of the 3700 "New" votes went Labour

Oh and... My vote counted.

Birmingham Ladywood. Over two thirds of the votes at the last general election were for Labour.

Our electoral system is a joke, really. I'll vote on 8th June, but there's no point in reality.
General Election 2017: Birmingham, Ladywood[11]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
Labour
Shabana Mahmood 34,166 82.7
11px-Increase2.svg.png

Conservative Andrew Browning 5,452 13.2
11px-Increase2.svg.png
Liberal Democrat Lee Dargue 1,156 2.8
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
Green Kefentse Dennis 533 1.3
11px-Decrease2.svg.png
Majority 28,714 69.5
11px-Increase2.svg.png
Turnout 41,307 59.0
11px-Increase2.svg.png
Labour hold

Does any Bluemooner live in a more one-sided seat than Birmingham Ladywood. Does anyone? Fuck me, 82.7%!

Strong Labour constituency, always has been though UKIP made a big dent two years ago and their lost votes went predominantly to the Cons but it still wasn't anywhere near enough. Middleton and Heywood.

Angela Raynor. Who did absoutely fuckall when i approached her about my daughters primary school going to an academy.

Shes the shadow education minister too which pissed me off even more. Also lives about half a fuckin mile from said school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.