Your constituency

I envy you. I've never voted in a general election for any MP whose seat was marginally in danger. In the last 20 years I've lived in a mixture of medium and large inner-city, the Shires and wealthy London. Always lived in seats with massive majorites for Labour or Tory. Depressing, really.

Yeah, it's the same for a lot of people and it's unsurprising that there is so much apathy amongst swathes of the population when your vote is effectively meaningless. Sadly a switch to PR seems as distant as ever.

Shipley

Philip Davies (cons)

He's currently got a majority of 9,624 so will be safe despite being an idiot.

You could put a pint of Guinness in Hyde with a labour rosette on it , & it would still win by a country mile

Morecambe and Lunesdale

David Morris - Tory

Won last time with a 4,500 majority. Expected to increase that.

I moved to Sandbach in December 2015 and had no idea so according to good old Google:-

Congleton Constituency

Fiona Bruce (Conservative)

A majority of 16,773 - a 9,710 increase on 2010

I won't be voting as usual as I've always lived in constituencies where there has been massive majorities one way or the other

Manchester Gorton
The late Sir Gerald Kaufman
Safe Labour seat for years, certain to be Labour result.

Cardiff Central. Half the electorate are probably students so it was one of those seats the LDs lost in 2015 to Labour due to their position on tuition fees. I think this is one of the more interesting seats in the country and a fantastic barometer of how far LDs have come back into mainstream politics. Unlike most of Wales Cardiff voted to remain and I would wager this seat probably had the highest remain vote in the country. MP is Jo Stevens, know nothing about her but the LDs are confident they can get it back. Tories held this seat briefly under Thatcher and their resurgance in Wales could be a factor.

I'm going for a Labour win, just.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.