Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

Was driving down the M6/M42 from Northwich enroute to set up a conference at the NEC for early the next day. At 2-1 I was going to turn the radio off, but I kept listening, all the time saying "typical f***king City!!", when Dzeko scored it was like "what's the point, so bloody close" but then when the winner went in I was just stunned, absolutely did not know what to do/say, stunned for a good few minutes, then cue hysterical screaming - never wanted a beer so much in my life and had 30 minutes driving still to do.
Fair play, I think I would’ve probably swerved off the road.

Was in 216 Row G, moved from North Stand at Maine Road en masse, so everyone around me was familiar, we saw each other every other week, nodded and chatted about the game. We were all confident, never thought we would lose, but also mindful of the fact that this was City, but 'that' City had gone, the Sunderland game proved that surely. Zabba scored and then it was half time almost straight away. I went out onto a spiral and the mood was euphoric...."we're gonna win the league" echoing. I've always been half full , so didnt join in, but thought to myself, we will, ( that eason we had been so good at protecting leads) I said to my little one, that she was about to witness something that hardly any of us had seen and that she needed to take as much in as she could. They equalised, didnt care, knew we we would score....They ent 2-1 knew we would get 2. Got to 88 minutes and then realised this isn't going to happen, I'm in work with loads of scum tomorrow, how the frig...Then oooh look a corner.....we've only had 70 before ffs......straight on Edin's head. Same feeling as in 99 when Super Kev scored....yeah cheers, ffs thanks for getting us even closer. The fury at Nasri when he let the ball go out, 50,000 saw it apart from him, and then Joleon's nudge, Nige's pass.....everything visually from that is a blank... the noise, the relief, the euphoria, the absolute bedlam when that goal went in. Getting grabbed by an 'A' rower to stop me going over, how the frig did i do 7 rows, and then going back to my little girl, seeing her not really understanding what had happened but Daddy was so happy,her smile, Sergio and that trophy.......literally cannot be beaten ever by anything we ever do. My kids being born was beautiful, that Sergio moment literally was "stupendous", there is not and never will be a feeling that can surpass it. Though Vinny came close :D But can anyone imagine if VAR was around back then.....

That is supposed to be the centre spot with a 50% scale circle around it. I was meant to be fancier at one stage - the street is Carnival Place and it is the south end of it.

view-of-gibsons-green-and-the-centre-circle-in-the-new-housing-where-picture-id530147386

I know that business is business, but it still shocks me that there’s just a housing estate there. There should be something, something with more gravitas to it, to mark the place of all my memories, and those of thousands of others. Apart from anything else, it’s still the site of the biggest crowd there’s ever been for a match at a club ground, the F.A . Cup tie with Stoke (Wembley and Spurs does not count, it was not their ground). If I remember rightly, though, there’s a primary school there? I like that. How great to be a kid, and a Blue, and going through your schooling on that spot.

Last edited:
Cracker, football is such an emotional game and difficult to explain why but it resonates in every post on this thread. I guess because it is entwined with our lives and memories as we grow up and age. Like everything we love it can cause us deep pain and fantastic highs, sometimes in one match as this one proved. Let's hope going forward it's more fantastic highs, we had thirty five years of the pain. CTID.

There’ve already been more highs — Gabbie’s goal at Southampton, smashing the rags twice in 2013-14, Vin against Leicester come to mind — and there’ll be more. But I’ll take whatever comes. If we go down to the Championship, so be it. Down to League One? So be it. League Two? O.k. Bring it on. A genuine football supporter can no more leave their club and team than they can forget their mother tongue.
The great jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal was once asked when he chose the piano. He said “Well, I was five, and it was really the piano that chose me.” That’s exactly how I feel. City chose me. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Block 105. Trying to say something positive to my 13 year old at 1-2 but struggling badly. Switching my phone off at around 88. The guy behind saying ‘at least we kept our unbeaten home record ‘ after Dzeko scored. Brilliant! Screaming to NDJ to pass to Silva who was wide open in front of his. Thankfully he chose to ignore me on that one. Sergio Mario Sergio. I ended up on the row in front my son on the row behind. I said after that I didn’t care what they did in the future as I was satisfied football wise. 9 years later and I seem to get more stressed than ever about City.

There’ve already been more highs — Gabbie’s goal at Southampton, smashing the rags twice in 2013-14, Vin against Leicester come to mind — and there’ll be more. But I’ll take whatever comes. If we go down to the Championship, so be it. Down to League One? So be it. League Two? O.k. Bring it on. A genuine football supporter can no more leave their club and team than they can forget their mother tongue.
The great jazz pianist Ahmad Jamal was once asked when he chose the piano. He said “Well, I was five, and it was really the piano that chose me.” That’s exactly how I feel. City chose me. I’m sure I’m not alone.

We've had loads of highs since 2008, eleven trophies, the 6-1, 100 points, the treble, great games. When I stood on the terraces at Wembley in 1976 though and saw us lift the league cup, if you'd told me it would be 35 years before our next trophy I'd have thought you were mad. There was the odd high of promotion but aside from the 1981 final we never looked like winning a trophy until once 2008 started.

As you say once that football club pulls at your heart strings and you stand on the terraces for the first time the bond is formed. I've seen us win more trophies than I ever dreamt of in the last few years but there was an awful lot of blood, sweat, pain and tears to get here.

if you'd told me it would be 35 years before our next trophy I'd have thought you were mad.

Nobody thought it, mate. Nobody. We were a big club, we've always been a big club. That we did not kick on in the eighties is due to perhaps the worst case of large-scale mismanagement in the modern game.
Not that I like them, but perhaps only the case of Leeds is remotely comparable.

Was in Row W right behind the goal. I was there with my brother and niece and even at 1-2 I said we could still do it. The guy on the other side of me also never gave up hope. Unfortunately, a few people around us had departed when the goals went in.

One thing I really remember is about to scream at Sergio because I thought h should have gone down!

I regret not going on to the pitch.

We sit in 236, right behind the goal. The second half was mostly agony mixed with disbelief and frustration. I greeted Dzeko's goal with the same muted response to Horlock's goal in 99. Both times I thought we'd left it too late. However, hope was rekindled and I'm so lucky to have experienced both the Aguero and Dickov goals. The best 2 celebrations of my life!

Was in 216 Row G, moved from North Stand at Maine Road en masse, so everyone around me was familiar, we saw each other every other week, nodded and chatted about the game. We were all confident, never thought we would lose, but also mindful of the fact that this was City, but 'that' City had gone, the Sunderland game proved that surely. Zabba scored and then it was half time almost straight away. I went out onto a spiral and the mood was euphoric...."we're gonna win the league" echoing. I've always been half full , so didnt join in, but thought to myself, we will, ( that eason we had been so good at protecting leads) I said to my little one, that she was about to witness something that hardly any of us had seen and that she needed to take as much in as she could. They equalised, didnt care, knew we we would score....They ent 2-1 knew we would get 2. Got to 88 minutes and then realised this isn't going to happen, I'm in work with loads of scum tomorrow, how the frig...Then oooh look a corner.....we've only had 70 before ffs......straight on Edin's head. Same feeling as in 99 when Super Kev scored....yeah cheers, ffs thanks for getting us even closer. The fury at Nasri when he let the ball go out, 50,000 saw it apart from him, and then Joleon's nudge, Nige's pass.....everything visually from that is a blank... the noise, the relief, the euphoria, the absolute bedlam when that goal went in. Getting grabbed by an 'A' rower to stop me going over, how the frig did i do 7 rows, and then going back to my little girl, seeing her not really understanding what had happened but Daddy was so happy,her smile, Sergio and that trophy.......literally cannot be beaten ever by anything we ever do. My kids being born was beautiful, that Sergio moment literally was "stupendous", there is not and never will be a feeling that can surpass it. Though Vinny came close :D But can anyone imagine if VAR was around back then.....
I was in 216 2nd row from the back.

I remember being exasperated and in state of shock / disbelief but my memories have been replaced by all the footage I have seen since. Sadly City changed 215 to a corporate block and when they did that I decided to get a seat in another block and I miss all the seasoncard holders who I had been sat with since Maine Rd. I wonder if they are still going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.