Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

I remember being calm and my best mate saying it was over with minutes to go, this was 1-2, I remember saying to him we just need one goal, within minutes it went 2-2, I jumped up and celebrated as we would do normally, but my mate just sat there, he thought we had blown it, so did a lot of others, but I was so certain it would be ok, possibly one of very few who felt this way, then the winner, we sit in 202 East stand, directly above the action, it all happened very quickly, but as soon as Aguero got the ball I was up and he put the ball in the back of the net, 3-2, bedlam my mate was up what a feeling, everyone going absolute crazy, it was an unbelievable moment, one I cherish because my best mate was with me, sadly he is no longer with us, so to share that moment with him is so special especially after sharing all the hard times, still brings a tier every time I watch for several reasons, biggest one my best mate.

I know that business is business, but it still shocks me that there’s just a housing estate there. There should be something, something with more gravitas to it, to mark the place of all my memories, and those of thousands of others. Apart from anything else, it’s still the site of the biggest crowd there’s ever been for a match at a club ground, the F.A . Cup tie with Stoke (Wembley and Spurs does not count, it was not their ground). If I remember rightly, though, there’s a primary school there? I like that. How great to be a kid, and a Blue, and going through your schooling on that spot.
There is a new school onsite just off Blue Moon way, but there was already one in effect (adjoining the Kippax car park) which city trained in under Royle and memberships were sold from before big games in the late 80s, forget its name, but it is now housing.

The housing is starting to look a bit Radburn now, which is never good. They should have sourced some Accrington brick and had a more traditional design, would have been more fitting although less viable.

I was acting as roadie for my daughter's first public concert and missed the first half. Soon as she played the last note I tossed the gear in the car and sped home. The build up to Mackie's goal seemed like a slow motion nightmare and brought back nearly forty years of dark memories of last minute losses, relegations and few Rodney Marsh era defeats snatched from the jaws of glory. I was feeling the shame of years of "same old City", slightly relieved when Edin equalised, at least we won't lose the game. I don't know what I felt when Sergio struck, emotional paralyses maybe. My daughter reminded me recently that it is the only time she'd seen tears in my eyes,we'll leave it at that.

Page 9 of the official 2011/12 souvenir .
east stand tier3 block306.
about 20 minutes to go.
we all look shellshocked.
why so many coats on too? wasnt that cold. or just ready for the quick getaway?

Attachments

• img065.jpg
    img065.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 47
Sat in CBL1 near to the corner Sergio ran around after scoring. Had sneaked in a bottle of Jamesons to celebrate the title with and was drinking it rather fast at 2-1. Dreading the inevitable piss taking for the next 10 years that we had fucked it in the last day.

Dzeko scored and I was even more pissed off. Mate I was with was absolutely distraught. Bloke next to me was convinced we'd win it.

Sergio scored and the whole ground just rumbled. The stand actually shook. Remember just stood there. In absolute shock. Put the bottle down then just hugged some random woman in front of me and started crying.

What a day.

Funnily enough my daughter was born 2 days after and I passed my driving test the day after that. It was a bloody great week!

I remember dancing down the row of seats to one step beyond. Must have been a while after the match as the row was pretty much empty. Either that or they’d all vacated the area due to the loony piss artist. Jäger bombs for breakfast was a misguided decision.

Page 9 of the official 2011/12 souvenir .
east stand tier3 block306.
about 20 minutes to go.
we all look shellshocked.
why so many coats on too? wasnt that cold. or just ready for the quick getaway?

It was actually pretty chilly in spite of the sunshine.

You m
Sat in CBL1 near to the corner Sergio ran around after scoring. Had sneaked in a bottle of Jamesons to celebrate the title with and was drinking it rather fast at 2-1. Dreading the inevitable piss taking for the next 10 years that we had fucked it in the last day.

Dzeko scored and I was even more pissed off. Mate I was with was absolutely distraught. Bloke next to me was convinced we'd win it.

Sergio scored and the whole ground just rumbled. The stand actually shook. Remember just stood there. In absolute shock. Put the bottle down then just hugged some random woman in front of me and started crying.

What a day.

Funnily enough my daughter was born 2 days after and I passed my driving test the day after that. It was a bloody great week!
You must have drank quite a bit of that Jameson's. Sergio ran to the Kippax (East Stand) before the pile on

Sat up in the 3rd tier was thinking about getting off at 2-1 5 minutes to the end. Some blue was stood up pointing and going mental at people who were actually on their way out. When the rags beat us in the fa cup in January that season a load rags came out of their houses off Briscoe lane and were winding blues up and really couldn’t be arsed seeing them again, so stayed in my seat even though it was hard to watch the season and title slide away like it was.

The time between Dzeko scoring to the winner felt surreal. It felt like it kicked off and then Aguero put the ball in the back of the net in a matter of seconds when in reality there was probably a minute in between them. Did anybody see QPRs assistant coach jump up and go mental when he must have heard the Bolton result just before we scored?

The ball hit the back of the net and it was pandemonium, hugging strangers and disbelief at what had happened. Then it felt like an eternity for the ref to blow the whistle for full time.

Tony Book and Mike Summerbee bringing the trophy was one of the best moments of the day. Gutted being in the 3rd tier would have meant I would have needed a parachute to get involved in the pitch invasion. What I would give to relive that day again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.