Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

My brother's got the best 93:20 story.

He was at sea the whole time, with no internet, radio or TV, and missed the whole thing. A few hours after full-time he got back to shore, asked "Did City win?" and got a simple "yes".

We were sat in 304 East stand.
My Father in law couldn't go that day so I took my daughter to her first game.
Being young she kept looking at her phone instead of watching the match.
I didnt want to say too much to her about it.
There was a guy sat a few seats up from me that I'd noticed a few times with different 'girls' .( Usually of the oriental/asian variety).
He looked at my daughter and muttered/,gestured to his latest conquest something about being on her phone.
I felt empty inside and sat down with a terrible feeling in my gut and the fact that the rags were gonna win it after all.
I was in no mood to tell my little girl to stop looking at her phone.
Then Dzeko scored.
I thought the same as everyone else, " too late!".
But I noticed the players seemed to turn as one and run back to the halfway line.
Then we were on our feet, Balotelli fell over, or so I thought, and my mind said " you fucking useless c.....Yeeeeeeesssss!"

We went crazy, my daughter saying " have we won ?"
I turned around an a guy behind me just grabbed my hand and smiled, "wow!" he said.

Couldn't wait for match of the day just to consolidate what we'd witnessed.

My Dad was on holiday in Spain. Went back to the apartment when it became 1-2 and didn't surface for hours apparently.
Ventured out much later and he wanted to lamp someone who said "what a great result!!!!"
He didn't have a clue,thought we had been beaten.

The last thing I remember is looking at my friend, in a state of utter dejection, who looked back at me and said "well, I think that's about that". This was just before Dzeko scored, and I honestly can't remember a thing from that moment.

My brother's got the best 93:20 story.

He was at sea the whole time, with no internet, radio or TV, and missed the whole thing. A few hours after full-time he got back to shore, asked "Did City win?" and got a simple "yes".

When I was deep sea I used to set my alarm at weird hours due to the time difference to get up and listen to the football on the crackly world service. People thought I was mad, I probably was as we weren't too good back then lol.

I couldn’t get anywhere near a ticket so watched the match in Edinburgh. My son was duty manager of a bar/restaurant and was working that day. I was alone in the house amid tension building up to the match as I sat waiting for the match to start.

All seemed to be going well with Zabaleta scoring. I wasn’t too concerned when QPR equalised but was when they scored again I was a little concerned. Then as City seemed to huff and puff without making a great deal of progress I was getting frantic.

I had to leave the conservatory and walked into to kitchen to try and calm down. I was feeling physically sick before I cooled down a bit. I went back in to watch the progress of the match. Then as the match was entering an extended period of added time after Barton’s histrionics, City won a corner and Dzeko scored.

That took my mind back 44 years to a match at Newcastle where City also needed to win to take the title. There were remarkable similarities in that in both cases City and United were level on points going into the final match with City ahead on goal average/goal difference. United were also playing Sunderland back then albeit at Old Trafford.

That match swung although City were never behind going 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, and 2-2. Then City went 3-2 ahead and later 4-2. Newcastle came back to 4-3 with City hanging on in the end. Most of us, at St James’s Park, were not aware of the United-Sunderland score. As it happened, Sunderland won so City’s score did not matter. We only found that out after the match.

Of course it was different in 2012 with United having already won at Sunderland and their fans were on screen looking smug even when City equalised.

Meantime my son found an excuse to go into the office of the bar ‘to sort out the accounts’ and got a steam on his laptop.

QPR seemed to have thrown in the towel by this time or were completed spent. They ceded possession instantly from the restart. The ball was put into the area and Balotelli managed to pass to Aguero as he fell and the rest is history.

The subsequent title wins were less dramatic. City only needed a draw in the final match in 2014 and never really looked like conceding. In 2018. United losing to West Brom settled things way before the end of the season. In 2019, despite going a goal down City beat Brighton very easily.

In the ground throughout
1-0 yeah
1-1 shit
1-2 fuck sake city
2-2 meh means fuck all, too late, need sunderland to equalise.
3-2 delirium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.