Your emotions/actions/whereabouts from 1-2 to 3-2

Mattyc55

I've heard so many of these stories since I left the ground yesterday and they've all made me realise how enormously gigantic that last gasp winner was for this club and our fans. So at 2-1 down, where we're you? What were you thinking? How did you imagine your next few weeks to go.. Did you have reds around you?

Then when it happened and Sergio smashed the ball past Kenny.. What did you all do?

I had my head in my hands behind the goal when I looked up to see Dzeko score, and I begged my best friend who was sadly taken from us in 2008 to shine down on us one more time. At 2-1 down we were gone, the whole season thrown away and another title less year. We would have come back no doubt, but iv never felt so low in my life. Welling up. Champ20ns. I saw all the headlines and I envisaged all of the tweets. I pictured a summer of hell, but thankfully one Edin Dzeko has bigger balls than me and he headed home. The rest is still a blur to me.. I saw Aguero go through right in front of my eyes.. 'PENALTY' I screamed.. And then it happened. I have never felt anything like it in my life and I never will.. From the pits of hell to the heights of heaven in one strike of a ball. My top was off.. I was hugging anyone that I could get my hands on as the sheer ecstasy told me that we had won the league. The final whistle went and I just ran.. I ran for
My life and I grabbed our captain. 1 minute later I was flat out on my back near the center circle balling my eyes out. The single greatest moment of my life and I can't see it ever being topped. I'm honestly still in disbelief. I love each and every blue and we all deserved that moment.

Talk everyone through how you lived the best half hour of footballing life..

Seemed to be a massive nightmare, started the day off in Shambles with a few mates and the wife, headed towards Mary D's at about 2 but after queueing for half an hour it was obvious we weren't getting in so went back to town to find somewhere to watch it ... eventually landed back at the Crown & Anchor where I managed to talk the doorman into letting the 3 ticketless souls in (wonder if he'd have let us in if the wife wasn't with us). Missed the first half but at 1-0 up that didn't really bother me until .......... sickening feeling but kept telling my mate that the last time we watched City together was at Wembley in 99 and we scored two injury time goals, he kept saying "You know what they're going to be like don't you?" I knew alright. He moaned when Djeko came on (he's useless apparently), I told him it was a great move and that he'd score (I didn't believe it but said it anyway). Went outside for a lucky cig at 80 minutes, felt physically sick, lucky cig hadn't worked. Went for a lucky wee at 88 minutes, got back to the telly in time to see my mate's beer hit the ceiling as big Edin nodded home ..... still too late though eh? Why did QPR just give us the ball back? I don't get it? Kun went through on goal, "Go down I shouted" .... then I don't know, I was shaking and I kissed an Asian lady, then I kissed my wife, then I kissed my mate and anyone else within kissing range. Hang on, can we still mess this up? I was shaking like Hulk Hogan when he used to become impervious to pain, I think I was impervious to pain too because my legs and arms are killing me now.

I live in the wonderful borough of Trafford and haven't seen a United shirt all day, very strange.

at 2-1 down I walk out of the bar I'm sat in with my mate (a neutral- Wycombe Wanderers fan!) absolutely devastated, to the gloating of all the plastic rags in there. Walk down the road into a coffee shop and sit in there for twenty minutes trying to calm myself down and talk myself around - 'It's only football', 'It's just a game', 'What does it matter really?' - but still feeling like complete shit.

Leave and start to walk home- walk past the bar we were in before- mate says 'come on, shall we just go in and watch the last few minutes?'. I say 'no fucking way, we've thrown it away', but he's not having it, 'come on' he says 'they might have equalised, you never know', so he drags me in and it's the 88th minute and lo and behold, we're still 2-1 down 'What did I tell you?' I say glumly to my mate.

I'm sat there in silence, brooding, not really watching it. Then Dzeko equalises. A glimmer of hope maybe? I perk up a little, still not really believing it changes anything, but I'm at least following the action now. A few scum start to shift a little uneasily in their seats. News filters through about the United score.

De Jong. To Balotelli. To Aguero. Time slows down. I can almost hear screams and gasps of disbelief in the crowd. Then the place erupts! I go absolutely fucking mental, hugging my best mate- I owe him one big time, I wouldn't have been there to see it without him! Rags going crazy, one breaks a chair by hurling it across the bar, others head in hands, in tears.

Absolutely the most amazing few minutes of my life. Will remember forever!

watched it at home alone. when Mackie scored i let out a huge FUCK IT'S ALL OVER. around 80th min i was just helplessly lying on the couch in sheer despair, then the commentator started to talk shite and i turned off the sound because i felt absolutely gutted and didn't want to hear anything about lost chances and stuff. even Dzeko's goal didn't wind me up one bit, i just smiled a little at keeping the unbeaten home record, but when the title-winning play started to build up i jumped to my feet and unleashed the scariest roar when Kun fired home. then i began to jump all around the place and almost destroyed my guitar accidentally. this took all my energy and i barely managed to stay up until the cup lifting. then i somehow got to work and received tons of warm congrats and friendly banter from colleagues (i'm the only blue in the crew consisting of gooners and hammers). then i got massively shitfaced.

I was sat in the ground with a sinking feeling, just thinking "fuck I don't even want to go through all this again next season." Although I thought this, I still kept the faith while the game was still on. I was the only one around me still shouting until the first goal went in. Something inside me just never really believed we were going to lose, it all felt surreal.

I don't even remember what happened when the goal went in, I ended up about 10 seats away from where I usually sit hugging a stranger.

at 1-0 everything was just amazing. I was texting everyone and telling them how happy I was. And then Cisse scores and it all goes to shit.

Then Traore runs down the wing and I knew they were going to score. It was then that I decided we just werent meant to be happy. I kept watching though because I didnt want to miss another Gillingham, when Dzeko scored I didnt even let myself get my hopes up. But then Aguero scores and I went nuts. I threw things against the walls and unplugged my tv and it was all just mental. Happy days!

Mackies goal went in and I curled up in the faetal position on the couch, then Darke started talking more shit so I muted it, very corner I was praying but not actually believing until Sir Edin popped up then I flew up offthe couch and yelled Get the ball on the halfway spot n hurry fucking up!
It seemed like forever to restart but then I was pumped, I felt like I did after Horlocks goal at Wembley and really twatted my head on the table .
The 3rd was a real blur and I fell down between table and couch face down into the table yelling you sick bastards at every city player on the pitch, tears in my eyes laughing uncontrolably.typical city is dead long live Mancini's champions!
I am never reading another thread about Mancini, the man is untouchable!
Forza Mancini
Manchester City Champions of England!

Sat in the North Stand with my dad, brother and our friend

As soon as Kenny released it I knew it was 1-2. You get used to soaking shit like that up so I wasn't feeling too bad, plus there was plenty of time left.

It starts to get towards full time and although I still believe we can do it, I fully steel myself for the possiblity that we won't.

Dzeko scores!!!! No thoughts until AguerOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!
Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh
Hugging everyone, in tears, all that
Only City

I was really resignated. Even when Dxeko scored I thought we wouldn´t won. When Nasri lost that stupid ball at 93 minutes, I went to the bathroom...it was finished for me...and when I came back, Aguero was celebrating the goal...amazing...i enjoyed it...

PD: I am from Argentina, sorry for my English.

it was 11am here in the US on Mothers Day, me and a friend I've turned into a Blue watched the first half in my apartment while we waited for the bar to open, then during halftime went to watch the rest at a restaurant close by that has a fancy outdoor patio bar, as the owner had told us the previous night they'd open it up for us and let us control the mammoth projector TV.

At from 1-2 until 2-2 I just said with my head resting on the bar, looking up occasionally, completely dejected. I'd ordered a shrimp coctail and was making a real half assed attempt to eat it, but mostly just picking up the pieces and throwing them at the massive fan that was spinning behind me. I didn't say a word to my mate for 20 minutes.

At 2-2 I jumped up, and just started staring at the screen with the Kompany thousand yard stare. Couldn't sit, kept hopping up and down. Nervous energy. Chugged the rest of the Blue Moon beer I'd been ignoring.

At 3-2 the wheels came off. Screaming, jumped into my mates arms like a fucking homoerotic monkey, him holding me in the air for a second (he's massively bigger than me). When my feet hit the ground I took off running, out of the bar and into the parking lot. No idea where I was meant to be going, but I was doing my best Joe Hart impression for about 300 yards. Now this restaurant is pretty known for Mothers Day brunch, and it wasn't until I ran into a group of retirees in suits and long dresses that I realized I didn't know where I was going. So I did the sensible thing, took my shirt off and started spinning it round my head as I sprinted back into the bar. Got there for the final whistle, breathless, said 'holy fuck' to myself about 15,000 times, and slowly started to cry.

Best day ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.