In 5 years time:

GK: Hart, Butland, Forster
RB: Richards, Clyne
LB: Gibbs, Shaw
CB: Jones, Smalling, Caulker, Dier
CM: Wilshere, Rodwell, Barkley, Cleverly
W: Ox-Chamberlain, Walcott, Ince, Zaha
ST: Sturridge, Welbeck, Wickham

Some will disagree but some i couldn't think of who else for the first team (Young) and i'm not saying the likes of Wickham and Caulker will develop but at the moment their talents.

The one position England need to improve on is a defensive midfielder, we struggle to keep possession and it will cost us in major competitions. I think the trouble is we play to the formation every other international team is playing, however we don't do it effectively. It has always been the same, trying to fit the best players into the first 11 rather than setting a formation to suit our best team. Rooney on his own up front doesnt work. Welbeck on the left is a joke as he wont beat the man, Walcott is hit and miss. In the middle Wilshere and Gerrard are quality but there is no one to hold the midfield and defend so we are often caught out. If we want to play 4-3-3 then we need to find two quality wingers and have a target man. But then Rooney is not in the team and so it goes on!

This season we need to have English players playing in their preferred positions. A central three of Carrick, Wilshere and Gerrard would be excellent as long as one stayed deeper. Zaha/Lennon/Walcott/Oxlaide-Chamberlain/Redmond need to be playing consistently in wide positions and then whoever is scoring should be in the side. Rooney in behind Lambert would work. I don't see the point in having width if we have Rooney as the target man, he needs to have someone else ahead of him.

Hart; Johnson, Jagielka, Jones, Cole; Gerrard, Carrick; Walcott, Chamberlain, Sturridge; Rooney.

Butland, Forster; Richards, Lescott, Smalling, Baines; Rodwell, Cleverley; Milner, Chamberlain; Welbeck, Carroll.

You can swap Rodwell with Wilshere, it just depends who pushes on this season, Wilshere hasn't been a regular for Arsenal and neither has Rodwell for us, and no one else seems close to them potential wise. A lot of it is dependant on how this season plays out really, Chamberlain is always good for England through the middle, depends if he gets more game time with Arsenal. The midfield past Gerrard and Carrick isn't exactly exciting, same with the strikers, especially Welbeck and Carroll, but I don't want Defoe near the England team. We need to get more younger players in though, Jones at CB is a good prospect and he needs to be playing there, not fucking right back or midfield. Hodgson has been okay so far, a little bland, but he hasn't got anything world class to work with except Gerrard or Rooney, when he's fit.

Hart

Johnson Cahill Caulker Baines
Rodwell Wilshere
Walcott Ox Milner
Sturridge

Foster, Ruddy, Richards, Smalling, Shaw, G Johnson, A Johnson, Carrick, Welbeck, Hughes (rate the lad highly), Barkley, Redmond, Sterling, Rooney, Wickham, Carroll

Shelvey looked bloody good for the U21s the other day, be interesting to see at Swansea.

Keepers: Hart, Foster

Full Backs: Richards, Cole, Baines,

Centre Backs: Cahill, Lescott

Utility Players: Jones, Milner, Smalling, Rodwell

Holding Players: Carrick,

Central Midfield: Wilshire, Lampard

Wide Forwads: Walcott, Oxlaide Chamberlain, Sturridge, Young, Lennon, Adam Johnson

Forwards: Rooney

I think we are OK for keepers, Full Backs, Utility Players and Wide Forwards - but very weak at Centre Back, Holding Midfield, Central Midfield and up front.

Hart
Richards-Jagielka-Lescott-Baines
Carrick-Wilshere
Milner-Lallana-Walcott
Rooney

Bench
Foster
Walker, Caulker, Cahill, Gibbs
Huddlestone, Rodwell
Lennon, AOC, Young
Sturridge

Probably -

Hart
Richards Jagielka Cahill Cole
Wilshere Carrick Lampard
Walcott Sturridge Rooney

Only uncertainties are the CBs, and Lampard in midfield. I think there's some younger players ready to make the step up to this level - Will Hughes, Luke Shaw, Nathaniel Clyne, Andros Townsend, Tom Carroll, Ross Barkley, Nathaniel Chalobah, Zaha, Ince possibly, and others. Of course not all of them will but I'm sure there are one or two gems in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.