Your Favourite City Game

Charlton Athletic 5-1 at home in 1985 to go up and watching the Wigan 1st leg play off game 1999 away, at Maine Road on a big screen. The Kippax Bar stayed open for all the game and everyone got absolutely bladdered... I love City!

franksinatra said:
Statt0 said:
eastlands oasis said:
The 5-2 FA Cup game against Spurs at Maine Rd 1994 beat a very good Spurs team, remember John Motson saying it was one of the best FA Cup games he had seen

I loved this game but it was in the league not the cup. Also the Motson comments stick in my head - it was along the lines " in an attacking context this is one of the best games I've seen for a long time" or something like that. Bottom line though was that it was a magical game .

From a footballaling point of view the most exciting match I had ever been too.

It was a league game, It was one of the first game the new kippax was opened (bottom tier). I remember being excited to see Klinsmann but during the game it was Illie Dumitrescu who shone. Alongside Chris Waddle for Sheff Wed against a young Mike Quigley and Thierry Henry the best performance I have seen by an opposition player.

Paul Walsh was outstanding that day for us along with Beagrie running riot down the flank. Second favourite game beating Liverpool 2-1 at the start of the 1991 season. David White with the shot against the crossbar which was given as a goal after a couple of minutes delay.

I loved that game and was giddy as a kipper watching Klinsmann. He fucking dived though the ****, and the game has been full of it since.

1977 City vs Liverpool at Maine Road, we won 3-1, Fairclough scored for Liverpool, while Kidd, Channon, and Royle scored for us, but it was the second half of the match for me because we played them off the pitch, and Liverpool still had a good side then...............

Statt0 said:
eastlands oasis said:
The 5-2 FA Cup game against Spurs at Maine Rd 1994 beat a very good Spurs team, remember John Motson saying it was one of the best FA Cup games he had seen

I loved this game but it was in the league not the cup. Also the Motson comments stick in my head - it was along the lines " in an attacking context this is one of the best games I've seen for a long time" or something like that. Bottom line though was that it was a magical game .
I stand corrected, it was the league not the cup, brain cells not what they used to be! Still, it was a great game in a season when Brian Horton tried to bring exciting football back o the club

It's gotta be my first time at Maine Road; City v Wycombe Wanderers, '95 I think.

Rosler got 2, Kinky and Curle got 1 each. Overwhelming atmosphere. Exciting football. Evening I became a City fan. Knocked on at my mates within the month with my first City scarf, buzzin my tits off, haha, good times

Stoke away- Trevor Francis debut. Great day out.

City away at the San Siro-Paul Power scored a great goal-my first ever overseas away trip watching the blues.

taking derbies, FA cup wins ,Gilingham & QPR out of the equasion then i enjoyed when we beat Arsenal at home in 2009 with the Adebayor celebration was a great game other than that the obvious ones Bradford, Huddersfield ,Spurs 4-3 & 5-1

leeds away fa cup in the seventys thousaands of blues and a pitch invaison,joe corrigan in nets surronded by leeds fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.