Your favourite track from each of these artists.

Dear Prudence
Pass
Tracks of my tears, funny as they opened for the next band at the Free Trade Hall and got bottled off the stage.
Last days of May or Joan Crawford
War pigs

The only band of those I have ever liked was BOC. They did an excellent live album called ‘On your feet or on your knees’. Fantastic interplay of lead guitars. ‘Don’t fear the reaper’ is still one of the all time killer singles. Haven’t listened to the others bar their singles. I’m sure it’s my loss.

The only band of those I have ever liked was BOC. They did an excellent live album called ‘On your feet or on your knees’. Fantastic interplay of lead guitars. ‘Don’t fear the reaper’ is still one of the all time killer singles. Haven’t listened to the others bar their singles. I’m sure it’s my loss.
Best Boc album ,imo,is Secret treaties.

Dear Prudence
Pass
Tracks of my tears, funny as they opened for the next band at the Free Trade Hall and got bottled off the stage.
Last days of May or Joan Crawford
War pigs
Yeah ,heard about Japan supporting Boc at Free trade Hall...didnt go down very well! I was unaware of this gig till another BM poster told me about it years ago.The pairing of these two bands seems odd..but Japan started out as a 'rock' band,a bit new york dolls in the 1st instance..their first two albums were broad in their influences....they completely transformed their image around 1980,and never looked baaach.
Is there any other BM er out there who knows tracks such as Sometimes i feel so low,Adolescent sex,The Unconventionals and Obscure alternatives?
Great band,imo,and being bottled off stage at the iconic FTH was character building.....probably;)

What I remember from the gig was, Japan all wore black suits white shirts and black ties stood with keyboards. It was a bad mix end of we wanted On your feet or on youre knees with some Agents and Spectres and LASER BEAMS, best gig ever.

Yeah ,heard about Japan supporting Boc at Free trade Hall...didnt go down very well! I was unaware of this gig till another BM poster told me about it years ago.The pairing of these two bands seems odd..but Japan started out as a 'rock' band,a bit new york dolls in the 1st instance..their first two albums were broad in their influences....they completely transformed their image around 1980,and never looked baaach.
Is there any other BM er out there who knows tracks such as Sometimes i feel so low,Adolescent sex,The Unconventionals and Obscure alternatives?
Great band,imo,and being bottled off stage at the iconic FTH was character building.....probably;)

I've got the first two Japan albums on cd (and the rest).

I saw Japan at the FTH. They didn't get bottled off and finished their set IIRC but they didn't get a good reception.

I was there for BOC but I'm sure I took home a Japan poster (it was free) and put it on my wall; already had a huge BOC poster.

I've got the first two Japan albums on cd (and the rest).

I saw Japan at the FTH. They didn't get bottled off and finished their set IIRC but they didn't get a good reception.

I was there for BOC but I'm sure I took home a Japan poster (it was free) and put it on my wall; already had a huge BOC poster.
Cheers for the info mate..Ive still got the original recorded first two albums along with Quiet Life LP, gatefoldsleeve..
I was an avid collector,back in the day, and have quite a few 7"/12" singles,inc Japanese imports.

What year was the Free Trade Hall Gig...can you place it..?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.