Your favourite track of all time is?

If I could choose only one of Music/Sport/Movies/TV it would be music. I have spent virtually my whole life soaking up music of every genre my White British ear can appreciate but I have yet to hear a finer track than this;

Excellent choice. Timeless. That voice.
What this shows me is that I could never choose a one and only favourite.
Music for me is all about the mood.

I’ve put up a Zappa and two Marvin Gaye tracks but I could on any given day go for anything in here from the Genesis/Yes/Floyd choices posted.

It’s all stuff that I see as timeless and I never tire of. Just need the right mood.

Music is totally subjective. My tastes are quite eclectic and have probably matured considerably over the years, but there’s certain tunes or performances that I go back to that just get me every time. Stuff that knocks 35years off me in an instant.

This is me in my 20’s every time I hear it.

Theres to many for me. But on youtube Chris Cornell covers Nothing Compares To You from a Sirius xm recording. Yes Prince wrote it, O'Conner had a hit with it, but Chris owns it pure emotion.

Thanks for posting this thread.

I had 18 playlists on my Apple Music and I didn’t have one with just all my all-time favourites in one (more split up into genres, years and bands).

So since this thread popped up I’ve been going through all my favourites and putting them in one playlist.

This is my current ear worm although that will probably change in the next day or so, Mick Karn’s Base playing is hypnotic.

Great track.Japan were a fantastically talented band,one of my fav groups of all time.
Not heard this particular live version of' In Vogue' before,but do have The 'Quiet Life' Album ..a simply stunning work of art from back in the day
The only live album i have by the band is "Live in Budokhan" ..bootleg on vinyl...cost me £40 from a record fair ..
Superb choice Sir.
Well played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.