Your first City match?

Blue Smarties

It’s 5AM and I can’t sleep. I’m sat here trying to think of might first City match. I think it was Swindon away in 1998. Rosler scored twice in a 3-1 win. Had to swap seats with the woman behind because she complained about me sitting on my dad’s shoulders (I was a kid, before a smart arse pipes up!).

Been going since the late seventies but my first really good memory of a whole game was the 1981 FA Cup semi final versus Ipswich at Villa Park. After PP scored in extra time Im absolutely convinced that last 20 minutes lasted about 3 hours!

Blackpool, 1971, I was 7, went with my uncle who was a big blue and that's why I'm here. It's been an interesting journey!

Charlton 5-1 promotion game 84/85
Don’t remember much

Remember first night game more, Watford in milk cup, remember the floodlights and big milk bottle on center spot

Fulham home 4/9/59 went with my Dad, sat in the main stand . It was a night match & I always remember the lights, the huge crowd & the smell of tobacco & bovril. City won 4-1 & I was hooked for life. Remember Dad in the car on the way home, it won’t be like that next week!!! Never a truer word Pop! Thank you for making me a Blue for life

My first game was York away December 1998... couldn’t believe there were so many empty seats I thought it was going to be a huge crowd ;)

Oldham away at Boundary Park think it was 1988, the ginger Maradona Gary Megson scored and we had that classic maroon and white stripe kit on.

I was in the Oldham section but the Rochdale road end looked quality when a sea of inflatable bananas were waved about when we scored.

First game at Maine Road was Crystal Palace when we were pushing for promotion, Hillsborough had happened a few weeks before and my mum was adamant I wasn’t going near a football match because of it. Begged my dad and he bought us tickets in the Maine stand sat on the wooden benches.

Nigel gleghorn scored first and ended up in goal towards the end as Andy Dibble had constant injury problems at the time. Ian Wright scored for Palace which was a shitter. Really got me hooked that season with the culmination of listening to the Bradford game on the radio and watching the highlights of it on a battered old vhs tape all summer long with commentary from Martin Tyler when he wasn’t in his faze of being hypnotised by the rags.

city 1 Carlisle utd 2 in the mid seventies night match at maine road.my dad was livid I loved it.

Coventry at home spring 70/71 drew 1-1 with a twice taken Lee pen to come from behind. Coventry were in a green/black kit as opposed to our away kit at the time of red/black.

Sat on a Kippax barrier with my dad and wondered why there was no commentary through the tannoy like on the telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.