Your injuries for the City cause

FA cup semi final vs the rags. At half time I bumped into a couple of mates I hadn't seen for ages, so we were still catching up over a pint when we heard the roar when Yaya scored. I ran to the entrance and as I did I slipped and smashed my knee on the floor, leaving a big black and blue Tom and Jerry bruise for a few days afterwards.

Forehead cut open by a lump of rubble hurled while exiting the Britannia Stadium in May 1994.
In ‘typical city’ fashion, we were in the Stoke main stand that day and the missile came from the City fans behind the fence.
What a fucking day

I remember sitting on a bus (to the station) waiting for it to leave from the ground and watching the hail of bricks although I thought most of them were from Stoke fans. Only reason we got on the bus was to avoid the mayhem rather than trying to walk back to our car, which was parked near the station.

I got a bloody nose when a Scouse #### headbutted me as I walked past them in the Anfield Road end trying to escape the madness that was kicking off in the days before segregation. And, no, I wasn't showing any colours.

Last edited:
At the 1968-69 Maine Road derby there was no segregation with the City fans in the left half of the Kippax and the rags in the right. All kinds of missiles were being thrown and I was hit on the forehead just above my eye by an old penny. For those too young to remember they were big fuckers.

I saw it coming like it was in slow motion and it cut my head and welled up into a huge bruise. I was also partly concussed for a while. Fortunately I had a fringe at that time and it covered the injury as I my parents could well have banned me from going to a derby again. This happened shortly before the bastards hit on the idea of filing the edge of pennies to cause maximum damage.

Nothing more adventurous than getting my little fella caught in my trousers zip in a packed toilet at the Etihad.
One of those where the cure is often more painful than the injury.
Same here......back in the day hitched a lift to Everton on a flat back lorry. He stopped at a service station for a cuppa and I went for a piss....10 seconds later he's honking his horn to go. I rushed and the inevitable happened..... very painful. Broke two knuckles on my right hand defending myself and others from knife wielding Forest fans. Whilst celebrating a goal in the Kippax some twat poured glue into my hair.....had to have the lot shaved off. Bear in mind this was the era of the feather cut. Both shins from knee to ankle shredded after Dickov scored at Wembley......must have tumbled down 5 rows and was happy to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.