Your injuries for the City cause

After the league cup final against Sunderland we went back to the Green Man and had a few pints. Walking down the staircase at Wembley Central I slipped and fell down about 2 flights of stairs. It hurt but I didn't think much of it.

When the train pulled in at Piccadilly I couldn't stand up I was in that much pain. I lifted my top up to show my dad and I had a big black bruise going from the top of my shoulder blade down to my hip. My dad literally had to carry me to the taxi rank to get me in a cab.

Next morning I had to go to A and E for x-rays on my back to see if I had broken anything. Luckily I hadn't it was just severe bruising but I was off work for 2 weeks

Was bottled by a Sheffield Utd fan the night before we beat them in Jan 91. Not too bad considering, just have a small "Harry Potter" style Z shaped scar above one eyebrow, hardly noticeable these days. Still recall one of my mates (a 5"0' psychotic geordie!) chasing him down the road with the broken butt end of a pool cue telling the bloke where he was going to stick it!...he was a good lad in a tight spot! Proudly displayed my wounds on the Kippax the next day!

broke my toe celebrating zabaletas winner at stoke in the FA cup 2012/13 and smashed my phone after robinho equalised at ewood park in 2008/09!

had bruises on my shins for weeks from the celebrations after the sterling disallowed goal v spurs in the champions league as well

Same here......back in the day hitched a lift to Everton on a flat back lorry. He stopped at a service station for a cuppa and I went for a piss....10 seconds later he's honking his horn to go. I rushed and the inevitable happened..... very painful. Broke two knuckles on my right hand defending myself and others from knife wielding Forest fans. Whilst celebrating a goal in the Kippax some twat poured glue into my hair.....had to have the lot shaved off. Bear in mind this was the era of the feather cut. Both shins from knee to ankle shredded after Dickov scored at Wembley......must have tumbled down 5 rows and was happy to do so.
Did exactly the same at Dickov's goal!!

Lot's of minor lumps and bumps which considering how mad going to a game could be back in the heyday of hooliganism wasn't bad.

After surviving relitevely unscathed through all that good old City nearly managed to kill me off in 2015 by laying down an ice rink of a floor in the South Stand lower concourse. Leaving the ground after the Seville night game when De Bruyne scored that late winner, I slipped straight onto my head and ended up exiting the ground in an emergency ambulance, flashing lights, sirens the works with bleeding on the brain. Thankfully I survived and City's insurance ended up settling out of court four years later.

When we drew Cheltenham on Monday night it brought back memories of 45 years ago me and the lads had been to the Bristol city game and had been having fun with their nutters and getting very pissed we had an invite to the inorgation of Cheltenham & Gloucester supporters club into our family some players also in attendance during the festivities my mate RIP decided to launch a handled pint pot across the room which hit me fair & square in the boat went to see the damage in the bogs pretty bad but got worse when George McGuire came in and checked my nose it was half hanging off but he pulled it a bit more to see the damage and cost me another set of stitches lol so I'm in the ambulance and one of my mates RIP was chasing after it and ran him over so a crazy day all round.The nurse who treated me was about 5 months pregnant so it would be nice if her offspring became a Cheltenham blue I will have blown my cover posting this but fuck it.

it brought back memories of 45 years ago me and the lads had been to the Bristol city game and had been having fun with their nutters
Was that the game where we were on a long unbeaten run of around 20 games and got beat 1-0?
Plenty of City fans in their end and made their way across the pitch before KO
As you say plenty going on after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.