Your most enjoyable Man City Season?

Goaters

It's fairly obvious the last few years have been one success after another, with titles and cups galore for us fans. If you were to say a season with City that you enjoyed watching the most then what would it be? The obvious ones would be 2011-12 with Ageuros 93/20 goal or last season when we broke all records going.

For me though, as a fan of City in my early 30s I grew up witnessing our downward spiral to the old Division 2.

Strangely enough, I always look back on the season with Kevin Keegan in 2001-2002 when we smashed in 108 goals and had some little wizards. With the likes of Ali Bernarbia, Eyal Berkovic and Christian Negouai in our ranks then the football was breathtaking.

It's fairly obvious the last few years have been one success after another, with titles and cups galore for us fans. If you were to say a season with City that you enjoyed watching the most then what would it be? The obvious ones would be 2011-12 with Ageuros 93/20 goal or last season when we broke all records going.

For me though, as a fan of City in my early 30s I grew up witnessing our downward spiral to the old Division 2.

Strangely enough, I always look back on the season with Kevin Keegan in 2001-2002 when we smashed in 108 goals and had some little wizards. With the likes of Ali Bernarbia, Eyal Berkovic and Christian Negouai in our ranks then the football was breathtaking.
Another vote for the KK season, we had such high hopes...

I have to go for the 1967-68 season with the League Championship winning side.

Game to game, last season was superb. So as a whole I'll go with last season.

The finish to the 11/12 season will never be surpassed and that whole summer knowing we'd done that was superb.

This season has the potential to surpass both, alright maybe it wont beat the finish to 11/12. However, game to game we've been superb and with two trophies (I'm counting the CS) in the bag and 3 on the horizon, the finale to this season could be quite something.

The first time you see your team win it is the best. Not even a debate. Anyone who got more outright joy with the subsequent ones is either odd or suffers from memory problems.

In 40 odd years of watching I've never witnessed anything like 2012

2012 will always be special, but last season was pretty damn good, too. I'm enjoying this season.
I hate close season and cannot get enough fix of City, especially with the current fayre, being served up.

The first time you see your team win it is the best. Not even a debate. Anyone who got more outright joy with the subsequent ones is either odd or suffers from memory problems.

In 40 odd years of watching I've never witnessed anything like 2012
Snap. Truly incredible, they'll never be a finish like that in not just our league, but in any league. Ever.

I really enjoyed the 1988/89 season when we got promoted at Bradford. Always remember going to Stoke away when everybody went in fancy dress, Nigel Gleghorn opened the scoring & we proceeded to get tonked 3-1.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.