Your most enjoyable Man City Season?

2012 can’t be topped
But as a younger fan who’s only ever watched us in the PL I’d say the 2009-10 season where tevez was unstoppable is a weird one that stands out
Beating Chelsea home and away, beating arsenal in the cup, tevez giving it to neville and fergie carling cup semi.
Although we failed to get top 4 cos of spurs on the last day and got beat 2nd leg in the cup that season felt really exciting and it felt like we had come really close to doing something special - and we won our first trophy in 35 years the year after

It was when we won the FA Cup, ending the long wait. It was obviously amazing to win the Premier League but by then I knew it was going to happen for real.

First title
Last season
Keegan season
Dickov season
Blackburn promotion season
West Ham last game title season

This season will go to number 2 for me if we beat the coat insulters.

1998-1999

Watching all those great teams from yesteryear - Blackpool, Preston, Wrexham, Bristol Rovers, Macclesfield, Colchester etc.

And who could forget York away? The biggest away following in the history of the game. Yeah we lost but so what, nobody was bothered, what an experience.

And to culminate in a play-off semi-final winner off Goater's arse followed by those Wembley shenanigans. Unbelievable Jeff.

Started in 63/4 for me. Loads of highs and loads more lows... but the 5-1 over the rags.... and then the 4-1 over them at Eastlands with SWP getting the 4th, with my 3 lads there... many more great memories, but those two...
1963-64 was my first full season. It was enjoyable for that reason. I went to a few away matches including Rotherham and Derby where City won.i also went to others where City lost, Newcastle stands out. Seeing Derek Kevan and Jim Murray bang in goals for fun added to the season. Unfortunately too many of those goals came in matches where City had already won and too few came in matches where they would have counted.

The 1964-65 season was dire for most of the time. The low point (well I thought so at the time) was on Boxing Day at Wolverhampton. I had been dragged to Shropshire for Christmas but went on the supporters bus from Oakengates to watc Wolves. It was ok until they introduced their new signing: David Wagstaffe from Manchester City. He had been my favourite player. He was at Wolves for many years and I imagine what he would have done alongside Bell, Lee, Young, and Sumnerbee under Mercer and Allison. That would have been some forward line. The real low point was the cup defeat at Shrewsbury latervthat season. However not long after Johnny Crossan signed for City and things stated to improve.

First title season, and last season.

Last season was calming to watch, instilled that confidence that we could handle anything.

It's fairly obvious the last few years have been one success after another, with titles and cups galore for us fans. If you were to say a season with City that you enjoyed watching the most then what would it be? The obvious ones would be 2011-12 with Ageuros 93/20 goal or last season when we broke all records going.

For me though, as a fan of City in my early 30s I grew up witnessing our downward spiral to the old Division 2.

Strangely enough, I always look back on the season with Kevin Keegan in 2001-2002 when we smashed in 108 goals and had some little wizards. With the likes of Ali Bernarbia, Eyal Berkovic and Christian Negouai in our ranks then the football was breathtaking.
Negouai? Breathtaking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.