Your team for Wigan?

glen quagmire said:
MCFC BOB said:
Based on yesterday's performance, how would you start against Wigan?

Hart

Richards
Boateng
Kompany
Lescott

Yaya Touré
Barry
Milner

Johnson
Tevez
Silva

BOB, toure played great yesterday, yet you drop him for someone who is not tried and tested in our defence for an away match?????
He looked nervous and all over the place.

When is Boateng going to get time?

MCFC BOB said:
Based on yesterday's performance, how would you start against Wigan?

Hart

Richards
Boateng
Kompany
Lescott

Yaya Touré
Barry
Milner

Johnson
Tevez
Silva

Taylor
Zabaletta
Boyatta
Toure
Cunningham
Ibrahim
Wright Phillips
Vieira
Santa Cruz
Jo
Nimely

sam the drummer said:
Will Boateng definitely be back? What about Bridge?

-------------Hart----------------
-Boateng--Toure--Kompany-Bridge-
--------- De Jong----------------
Johnson-----Tevez------Milner----
-----------Adebayor--------------

---------------hart---------------------

richards------kompany-----kolo-------lescott

--------------dejong---------------------

-------AJ-------yaya------milner------------------

---------------tevez----------------------------

--------------ade-------------------------------

but i suspect RM will still play a bit more defensively than that.....after all it is the mighty wigan!!!!!!

-------------Hart
Richards Toure Kompany Bridge
-----------Dejong
------Milner ------ Barry
Johnson------------------Silva
------------Tevez

They dont really have the biggest team Wigan, and Martinez tries to make them play 'proper' football, so no reason why Silva wont do a good job, and Bridge instead of Lescott, dont think Boateng will be ready until the LC game mancini said

sam the drummer said:
Will Boateng definitely be back? What about Bridge?

-------------Hart----------------
-Boateng--Toure--Kompany--Lescott-
---------Yaya---Barry-----------
-Johnson-----Silva------Milner----
-----------Tevez----------------

Almost, Tevez dropping back into the space occupied by Silva is something I would worry about. So assuming Boetang is fit, and based on what we have seen so far - I'd like to see this......

--------------Hart----------------
-Boateng--Toure--Kompany--Lescott-
-----Yaya----Milner---Barry-----------
--Johnson----------------Silva----
--------------Tevez----------------

I don't think it really matters too much how the midfield 3 line up, but I would say it should be as a 3, rather than the 2 at the base that we have seen up to now.

If Mancini is serious about Silva needing time to adjust to the English game, the same should apply to YaYa Toure. I'd be happy to start mad dawg nigel in there at his expense for now. Yaya has shown a nice range of passing, a surprising burst of pace and an ability to be part of the short sharp passing triangles that Mancini wants. On the down side he has also displayed a tendancy to go missing at times as the game passes him by, and he has started both home games like an asthmatic ant.

Milner got a bit too cute at times in the 2nd half yesterday, but over the piece, he has been the most impressive of the midfielders, I'd let him play centrally, confident in the knowledge he has the smarts and pace to burst beyond Tevez.

Let Silva loose now, but let him loose from the left flank, the position he most regularly has stood out at for both Valencia and Spain.

The 4-2-3-1 bit of the formation worked wonders against Liverpool, but not against Sunderland (I'm talking balance of play in the 2nd half) or Blackburn (parked the bus then kicked the passengers). We should see a lot of the ball in this game, so the danger is we end up one-paced when in position again.

We look tighter at the back and you'd fancy us to win if we score 2 or more. Assuming we are still without Ade /Balo and with Tev not yet firing on all cylinders this calls for a more attack minded midfield and Silva in particular.

So:

------------------ Hart

-- Boeteng-- Toure -- Kompany -- Lescott

------------ de Jong -- Barry

-------- Milner -- Silva -- Johnson

---------------- Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.