Your ten "must see" places in England..

For us tourists to your wonderful country, I really enjoy reading these lists, and as I and my son will be out for a week again next year, we have some new ideas for our itineraries between the 4-5 football matches we hope to attend.

From my trips out across the pond, I can say I loved the Globe Theater (as an English major). I also very much liked Chester and York. I was blown away by the IWM at Duxford, arguably better than America's Air and Space Museum(s) in Washington DC. And personally I like Brighton, and the southeast coast is beautiful.

Admittedly I haven't spent any time in the southwest nor much in the northeast, though passing by St. James Park in the off-season once made me want to take a peek inside.

For us tourists to your wonderful country, I really enjoy reading these lists, and as I and my son will be out for a week again next year, we have some new ideas for our itineraries between the 4-5 football matches we hope to attend.

From my trips out across the pond, I can say I loved the Globe Theater (as an English major). I also very much liked Chester and York. I was blown away by the IWM at Duxford, arguably better than America's Air and Space Museum(s) in Washington DC. And personally I like Brighton, and the southeast coast is beautiful.

Admittedly I haven't spent any time in the southwest nor much in the northeast, though passing by St. James Park in the off-season once made me want to take a peek inside.

Me too, and I have less excuse.

The Globe is indeed fun to visit, but you'd need ages just to see all the places listed in Cornwall!

I thought about pointing out that St James Park is Exeter City's ground, while Newcastle Utd play at St James' Park, but then thought better of it.

Personally think the West Coast is nicer than East in England. Of course there is the small problem of Wales. The South West coastline is beautiful.

Mind you, you are well and truly spoilt with the coastline in your neck of the woods. Route One is peerless in my experience.

Personally think the West Coast is nicer than East in England. Of course there is the small problem of Wales. The South West coastline is beautiful.

Mind you, you are well and truly spoilt with the coastline in your neck of the woods. Route One is peerless in my experience.

Agreed, it's pretty special. We are very lucky.

A nice secret is the Oregon coastline, which is nearly as spectacular, but less crowded and much cheaper to spend time on.

Has anyone been to St Michael's Mount in Cornwall?
I've been to mont Saint Michel and it was an amazing place.
I don't expect it to be as impressive but it is somewhere I might check out next time I'm down that part of the country

I've been to both, and they are very similar, but St Michael's Mount is smaller. Very Impressive though. Check the tide times.

A few more to add to my original ten,

Dover Castle

Whitby

Broadway (Cotswolds)

Cambridge

Lynton/Lynmouth

Corfe Castle

Lindisfarne, Holy Island.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.