Your the manager 4 the chelsea game, what the f**k do u do?

Jesus christ,you'd think we were rooted in the bottom three,hughesy out!!! do me a favour, certain elements of city fans are worryingly starting to sound like swamp dwellers and mickey mouse mongs,SACK THE MANAGER were seventh in the league with loads of games to play,cup games to come,got and spent a fortune on top players,We are not DICKHEAD fans (usually) and have put up with far worse than this,Don't be blinded by the scum media and fooled....
What we need is time for this young team to knit,patience with hughesy and a big dose of common sense and a big reality check,NO boos and moaning energy channeled into a mighty roar everytime Manchester City football club take the field in play.
Believe me DOMINATION is on the way!!!!!!!

Soulboy said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
People have been moaning for i dont know how long about hughes etc.

So then if we have all the experts on here how would you go about things?

The next league game against chelsea how would you set the team out and what sort of team talk would you give before the game?

Because i personally cant put my finger on what is going wrong.

That's why we pay a manager £4m a year. And his assistants another couple of million between them.

I don't expect Tesco to ask me how to run their business, my only responsibility is to moan like fuck when they mess up. A bit like City.

If I knew more than Hughes I'd be the manager. But I don't. But that doesn't prevent me from commenting when I think he's getting it wrong.

It's called democracy.

theres always one thats got to spoil the fun. its not real mate, hes only making conversation, it is a dicussion forum you know................geeezzz!

Ask them nicely when they bum us for a reach around.

Mays well get something out of it!

we need to play narrow and deny them the space in the middle of the park, imo it is what we should be doing full stop anyway as our central midfielders are not good enough at the moment.

for me:

........................Shay.......................

Kolo.........Ned...........Lescott......Bridge

..............Vince..........Barry................

.........Tevez.......Ireland.....Robbie.......

..........................Ade.......................

Firstly, look at where their main attacking threat appears to be: Ashley Cole. Which means that no matter what your opinion on him is, SWP must play wide right to counter his threat.

Then look at their strikers. Both like to run into the channels, so when they break I'd have our fullbacks on red alert that once they are out wide, they must do all they can to keep them there by not letting them cut inside. If we had another decent centre half who was fit, I'd play Toure right back for this game, but we don't, so I'd have Zabba on the treadmill this week to imrpove his pace.

Now we start to look towards our attacking threats. Robinho, Bellamy and Ireland (Thw un-holy trinity). Ivanovic is a decent centre half, but at right back his weaknesses can be exposed, his indecisivness (sp). As long as we constantly have Robinho and Bellamy to keep switching from left wing to striker (which they showed signs of doing when they played together last year), we should be able to expose him by confusing him.

Then we look at the midfields. Lampard Ballack and Cole are all skillfull,plus Essien who likes to get forward. So we need to combat that with something. de Jong should be told to stick to Lampard and give him absolutely no space. He is the one that can make anything happen, so we would at least give ourselves a fighting chance. Also have Barry in there to watch the other two, with Ireland watching Essien, who breaks.

Now, because they play with no wingers, and SWP will be watching their one real wide player, our fullbacks will have to tuck in more than usual when defending. This of course leaveswide space for their forwards, but if our fullbacks stay wide our midfield will be overun, so we need to take that risk, but stay sharp.

Now, onto our real chances. Set pieces. We need to do something with them. Despite MoTD saying we had scored from 2 this season, me and Phil (my would-be assistant) worked out that we had scored from 7 set-pieces this season. And after watching the Villa/Wigan - Chelsea games, set-pieces can be a problem. As l;ong as we don't simply give the ball to the keeper, we can always do soething from a croner, because their defence still does not know how to deal with them.

Another weakness is, erm, well, that appears to be it. So, set pieces and a Robbie/Bellers combination it is, either that or a genuine Superman moment.

There's my plan. Hughes, I hope you have one much, much better.

m27 said:
Although I don't think Kompany is the long-term answer at centre-half I would play him there on Saturday to try and do a job on Drogba. Drogba's got the potential to bully anyone in world football but I think Vinny could at least off us the physical presence against him. Ned's a big lad and I rate him highly as the best defender at the club, but I just think Vinny's extra height will help. If not Vinny, get Ned in. Lescott can deal with Anelka *crosses fingers*

I agree with Rammy that Kolo should play right back. He's played there a lot for Arsenal and should have an idea of how to deal with Ashley Cole's attacking threat. If we play Micah there it will be suicide as he is simply unable to stop crosses coming in. I actually think Kolo has more attributes to make him a permanent fixture at right back than centre half.

Midfield's clearly going to be diffcicult. However, I'd match them man for man with this:

Given

Toure Kompany Lescott Bridge

De Jong

Ireland Barry
Tevez

Ade

I know we've slated Kiam for thinking Tevez was playing in midfield recently but the above formation will give him the opportunity to do what he does best, drop deep and work his bollocks off! Ireland's best when he can forget his defensive duties but needs must on Saturday and he's got the engine to go box to box so let's use him that way. Too soon for Johnno but I'd have a fully fit Johnno in that team straight away.

That's what i'd do, but what the fuck do I know??

playing with 10 men will be a hell of a disadvantage for us...

;)

p.s. assume it was Robbie you missed out!

Rammy Blue said:
m27 said:
Although I don't think Kompany is the long-term answer at centre-half I would play him there on Saturday to try and do a job on Drogba. Drogba's got the potential to bully anyone in world football but I think Vinny could at least off us the physical presence against him. Ned's a big lad and I rate him highly as the best defender at the club, but I just think Vinny's extra height will help. If not Vinny, get Ned in. Lescott can deal with Anelka *crosses fingers*

I agree with Rammy that Kolo should play right back. He's played there a lot for Arsenal and should have an idea of how to deal with Ashley Cole's attacking threat. If we play Micah there it will be suicide as he is simply unable to stop crosses coming in. I actually think Kolo has more attributes to make him a permanent fixture at right back than centre half.

Midfield's clearly going to be diffcicult. However, I'd match them man for man with this:

Given

Toure Kompany Lescott Bridge

De Jong

Ireland Barry
Tevez

Ade

I know we've slated Kiam for thinking Tevez was playing in midfield recently but the above formation will give him the opportunity to do what he does best, drop deep and work his bollocks off! Ireland's best when he can forget his defensive duties but needs must on Saturday and he's got the engine to go box to box so let's use him that way. Too soon for Johnno but I'd have a fully fit Johnno in that team straight away.

That's what i'd do, but what the fuck do I know??

playing with 10 men will be a hell of a disadvantage for us...

;)

p.s. assume it was Robbie you missed out!

I was just editing!!! Bloody Mondays!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.