Your the manager 4 the chelsea game, what the f**k do u do?

Although I don't think Kompany is the long-term answer at centre-half I would play him there on Saturday to try and do a job on Drogba. Drogba's got the potential to bully anyone in world football but I think Vinny could at least off us the physical presence against him. Ned's a big lad and I rate him highly as the best defender at the club, but I just think Vinny's extra height will help. If not Vinny, get Ned in. Lescott can deal with Anelka *crosses fingers*

I agree with Rammy that Kolo should play right back. He's played there a lot for Arsenal and should have an idea of how to deal with Ashley Cole's attacking threat. If we play Micah there it will be suicide as he is simply unable to stop crosses coming in. I actually think Kolo has more attributes to make him a permanent fixture at right back than centre half.

Midfield's clearly going to be diffcicult. However, I'd match them man for man with this:

......................................................Given

Toure...................Kompany..............Lescott.................Bridge

......................................De Jong

........................Ireland.....................Barry

......................................Tevez

.....................................................Robi

.........................................Ade

I know we've slated Kiam for thinking Tevez was playing in midfield recently but the above formation will give him the opportunity to do what he does best, drop deep and work his bollocks off! SWP is capable of doign the same job. Ireland's best when he can forget his defensive duties but needs must on Saturday and he's got the engine to go box to box so let's use him that way. Too soon for Johnno but I'd have a fully fit Johnno in that team straight away.

That's what i'd do, but what the fuck do I know??

Listening to GMR on the way home it seemed that Wagg, Gleghorn and Cheeseman were as one, Hughes' system was to blame not the players. Not only no Plan B, he hadn't even got a Plan A.

They said that on Wednesday he should give Ireland and de Jong a rest and bring in Johnson and Barry, if that midfield combo works they should stay for Chelsea.

Well my view is subtly different, the players are to blame. He should play the same side again against Arsenal and, if they win, again for Chelsea. If they don't then the GMR solution may be worth a try but we might not have Hughes to blame then.

I think we should play 5 at the back on saturday .. I know it was mentioned on here that maybe SWP at right back .. so

......................... Given ..........................
SWP .. Nedum .. Kompany .. Lescott .. Bridge
....................... De Jong ........................
Bellamy ............ Ireland .............. Robinho
...................... Adebayor .......................

SosaFC said:
I think we should play 5 at the back on saturday .. I know it was mentioned on here that maybe SWP at right back .. so

surely it should be

................................. Given ..........................
SWP..... Nedum.....Toure .......Kompany....Lescott....Bridge
Zabaleta....................De Jong ...................Barry
...............................Richards..........................

Play to the players strengths, on the ground and we will give them a game. Continue to boot it up to Adebayor and we will get fucked.

johnny crossan said:
SosaFC said:

surely it should be

................................. Given ..........................
SWP..... Nedum.....Toure .......Kompany....Lescott....Bridge
Zabaleta....................De Jong ...................Barry
............................... Adebayor..........................

like it, could be onto something there - could even squeeze Micah in at the back as well.

..............Given...............
Richards Toure Lescott Bridge
Ireland Kompany Barry Bellamy
.....Tevez ....... Robinho.....

Forget the long ball, forget wingers and forget strikers. Get Kompany and Barry to get the ball as quicly as they can to the 4 who can do something useful with it and pass the ball into the net.

1. We have to contain Drogba/Anelka Chelsea potent powerful tandem.
Our backline needs to have pace and power - Richards,Toure, Nedum, Lescott. Sorry Bridge doesn't have the pace or power. (Should try Richards or Nedum as Left Wingbacks. Can strart preparations now.)
2. Midfield - SWP (to run at Ashley), either Kompany or deJong (pitbull) , Ireland and Robinho (creative partners)
3. Tevez and Ade - our top 2 strikers.

Sorry Barry (needs a game or more to rest) and Bellamy (having too many turnover shots and in the way of Robinho and Ireland).
Baleta, Bridge, Barry & Bellamy are Plan B (for draw games)

As manager I will not get enamoured with sentiments, just play with the best players in the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.