Your the manager 4 the chelsea game, what the f**k do u do?

The only way to handle Drogba is by having a defensive midfielder who can compete in the air. And to stifle Chelsea wide we have to combat their fullbacks.

I'd drop DeJong and put Kompany in, as he's our only hope against Drogba and I'd tell our wide players to push right upfield to occupy the fullbacks

We need pace at the back to compete with Anelka so I'd bring Neddy in at right back.

We also have to utilise Ireland's energy to get up and down, supporting the attack and helping the defence.

....................GIVEN
..NEDDY...TOURE...LESCOTT....BRIDGE
..................KOMPANY
.........IRELAND..........BARRY

SWP...............ADE.............ROBINHO

Adebayor also needs to be told to stop drifting out wide. Leave that to SWP and Robbie

funny

half the posts on here are complaining about the number of draws we've had recently, yet from this thread you get the impression that 99% of us would take a draw if it was on offer.

We're still, statistically at least, the hardest team in the league to beat. Let's try to remember that.

Chris in London said:
funny

half the posts on here are complaining about the number of draws we've had recently, yet from this thread you get the impression that 99% of us would take a draw if it was on offer.

We're still, statistically at least, the hardest team in the league to beat. Let's try to remember that.

but still one of the easiest to score against .. leading against fulham, burnley, liverpool and hull .. all given away to sloppy defending .. so against chelsea we will be slaughtered

Personally I`d go :-

Given
Richards - Toure - Ned - Lescott
SWP - De Jong - Kompany - Bellamy
Tevez - Adebayor.

Bring Ireland on for Tevez at some point, but main thing for me is to keep the midfield tight and compete with their midfield, SWP and Bellamy to keep the full backs occupied, Toure and Ned to use pace to watch the channeled runs of Anelka and Drogba, Tevez to buzz around and deny Terry/Carvalho and their defensive midfielder time and space on the ball, that`s my thoughts anyway.

If we match them for work-rate and application and show our quality and potential going forward when we have the ball I think we have a decent shout to be fair.

Soulboy said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
People have been moaning for i dont know how long about hughes etc.

So then if we have all the experts on here how would you go about things?

The next league game against chelsea how would you set the team out and what sort of team talk would you give before the game?

Because i personally cant put my finger on what is going wrong.

That's why we pay a manager £4m a year. And his assistants another couple of million between them.

I don't expect Tesco to ask me how to run their business, my only responsibility is to moan like fuck when they mess up. A bit like City.

If I knew more than Hughes I'd be the manager. But I don't. But that doesn't prevent me from commenting when I think he's getting it wrong.

It's called democracy.

go on gcse politics! ;)

simply play 4 in mid-field, as just playing a 3 of SWP, DJ and Ireland isn't enough they just get overun. adebayour doesn't work hard enough, tevez is often caught in no mans land and Robbie isn't one for the tackle.

We just need to rely on our habit of doing the unexpected

Typical City 2 - Chelski 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.