Your worst ever city moment?

Mine is losing at home to west ham in the FA Cup under Stuart Pearce.
Remember they had a man down injured, we were attacking and they were livid cos we wouldn't put the ball out.
We lose the ball, they break away and score! Typical.
Summed up for me how clueless we were then. Totally lost the will to watch for weeks afterwards.

Thank god he got replaced by Sven, who gave us hope again.

Losing to any last minute goal from that lot still hurts. I know we've done them 6-1 and now Taggart has been replaced by David Moyes - but the 3-2 or 0-1 in recent seasons still grind away inside of me despite everything else. I hate them, I hate their players and I hate almost every one of their fans I've ever met. The whole outfit is vagina central.

Losing to Sunderland in the cup losing to Tottenham replay losing to Luton every time we lose to them red cnuts especially the Atkinson derby, hate that guy for the rest of my life for that.

Owen 4-3 shades it although if it wasn't for king kun it would have been mackie 2-1.

Paul Lake's injury against Leicester. When he started fitting and both medical teams ran on,thought the lad was a gonner.

davymcfc said:
Owen 4-3 shades it although if it wasn't for king kun it would have been mackie 2-1.

To me, we'd blown it when we lost at Swansea and Arsenal so to even claw it back whilst losing 2-1 bode well for the following season. I'd obviously have been gutted but it was still an incredible season.

mancunial said:
Losing to Sunderland in the cup losing to Tottenham replay losing to Luton every time we lose to them red cnuts especially the Atkinson derby, hate that guy for the rest of my life for that.
I'm trying my hardest and I cannot remember losing to Sunderland in the cup! Was this before my time? I'm 43.

Didsbury Dave said:
mancunial said:
I'm trying my hardest and I cannot remember losing to Sunderland in the cup! Was this before my time? I'm 43.

Yes, the year they won it. 1973 I think. We were beating them at Maine Road (5th round) but they forced a replay then dicked us at Roker Park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.