Your worst ever city moment?

2-1 down at QPR. I was utterly devastated to climb our way back from 8 points behind only to balls it up once the seemingly impossible had already been achieved. The best moment came soon after! It still gives me chills.

My worst moment probably different from most, we were just relagated to old 3rd div, and were playing Sam Allardyce's notts county, we were beating them 7-0/7-1 and we were shite, for some reason everytime we shot we scored, but could easily of lost the game. around me there were city fans so happy and shouting city are back ect (i'd been season ticket holder for 20 odd years at that time and i didn't go again for a few years) back to seasoncard holder now i'm glad to say! I've often wondered why it bothered me so much, but could explain?

Relegation to Division 3 in 1998.

Beyond belief.

It still is beyond belief even now. I find it hard to believe.

I have to check the records now and again to remind myself it actually did happen.

But even then I can't really believe it.

Didsbury Dave said:
A lot of people say that going 2-1 downto QPR was one of the lows, but it wasn't quite like that for me.

Whilst it hurt, I still thought we'd win. It was as the clock was ticking past 83, 84 that I started to feel sick to the stomach.

I remember that feeling.

But when the clock got to 90 mins I felt very calm and I knew I'd just have to cope with what was about to happen.

It'll stand me in good stead if I'm ever condemned to death and about to be executed.

Even though we were proper shite at the time losing 5-0 to the rags in 94/95 season was a really low point. i suspect the plastics must have felt worse when we battered them 6-1 as they were the then reigning champions and such a result was unthinkable for them.
Losing 3-1 to Stockport after being 3-0 down within the first 30 minutes or so in the driving rain on the uncovered railway end made me question why I was a blue. The defeats at home to Bury and Stockport were pretty bad also Thankfully I stuck with it....

We never win at home......

Has to be the QPR game.

Up in the middle of the night here in NZ with my 10 year old son. Ready to watch us finally win the league and I couldn't bear it. 2-1 down and I dropped my first F bomb in front of him. Wife got up and kicked up a stink about the noise - she got a rude awakening 25 minutes later when we did the business in injury time...
What a morning....

Nothing will ever wipe that twat pleat, from my memory,the kippax was absolutely fooking stunned...the way the luton players scarpered,an the city fans having a swipe on the pitch...outside it went off big style with the old Bill,such a black day....antic....what a tosser!!!

St Ives blue said:
Two moments for me...
reaching the 90th minute 2-1 down to QPR
reaching the 89th minute 2-0 down to Gillingham

Notice the theme here, 5 minutes later in both were the best moments of my City supporting life!

Yes similar feelings and memories. For a longer lasting moment my dad introduced me to watching city regularly during the 1963 relegation season. Fifty years later and I still havn't managed to escape from the habit! Cheers Dad - but now I realise that this is what blue dads and granddads have to do.

St Ives blue said:
Two moments for me...
reaching the 90th minute 2-1 down to QPR
reaching the 89th minute 2-0 down to Gillingham

Notice the theme here, 5 minutes later in both were the best moments of my City supporting life!

Got to be those.

with other notables '73 loss to Sunderland in the cup, Owen winner, off-side last kick loser to Sunderland last season (only one I was actually at the game), league cup 2nd leg semi loss at the swamp in 2010, 81 replay, 96 relegation (wasn't so upset about 98 - Royle had just joined and anticipated getting confidence back and wins in lower division), drip feed sacking of Sven. Ah, the good old days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.