Your worst ever city moment?

Its funny how some games just stick in the memory more than others. I remember being absolutely distraught losing at Notts County in the early 90's 1-0 in the cup. We hit the woodwork 7 or 8 times and they had a keeper called Steve Cherry who had the game of his life. They scored in the 90th minute and i was totally gutted, Still sticks with me now that one.

0-1 to the Vale on Boxing Day in 96. First match I ever attended. At the time a second relegation looked very much in prospect - though we really ended up playing fairly well the rest of that season after the first of the year.

Don't know why, but the dire moments of recent years never felt to me as bad as some of those from the 90's and even Pearce era. I can't much explain my feeling at 1-2 to QPR, but it wasn't really sad. More like "well this is what I get for following them but I still love them nevertheless."

May 6th 1989:

When we totally threw away a half-time 3-0 lead over Bournmouth to ensure promotion.
A 95th minute penalty by Bournemouth to deny us - now that really was 'Typical City!'

if you want to see again - then here it is (below) Just how good was Tricky Trev's goal to put us 2-0 up? !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGtGmL2u6A4[/youtube]

Crystal Palace away in 1991. City won, Quinny scored a hat-trick but I had the screaming shits and there was no toilet paper in the bogs.

Spiderboy ,

correct a little tongue in cheek . 1 - 2 down to QPR head in hands .

Nothing will compare with that and after we won it still took me 10 days to get back to "normal" .

Even after the result it was "too much" for me .

But I still think we made a big mistake in letting Mario go .

I wonder how Mario would have performed under M P ?

Of coarse we will never know but but ????

Lancet Fluke said:
Crystal Palace away in 1991. City won, Quinny scored a hat-trick but I had the screaming shits and there was no toilet paper in the bogs.

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:52 am --

Lancet Fluke said:

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 am --

Lancet Fluke said:

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 am --

Lancet Fluke said:

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 am --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:

The few minutes before Agueros goal. In all my time supporting city i dont think ive ever felt as sick

No final decision , I was at City / Wigan after that match I was ashamed .

Not just the match , but the rip off in London , the walk to the tube in the pouring rain , the wait for the tube , getting lost on the tube etc etc .

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

22 years later and I'm still emotionally scarred. Getting relegated at Stoke was nothing in comparison because once we beat Gillingham the horrors of that day were pretty much eradicated from my mind (apart from being pelted with bricks) but still whenever I feel my stomach gurgle at a football ground, I am, in my mind, immediately back in that toilet at Selhurst Park with a look of utter horror on my face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.