Your worst ever city moment?

Not read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned but this sticks in my mind.

Birmingham at home:

13 April 1998 0–1 Adebola 90' 29,569

Only a few fixtures left and a game IIRC that we pretty much dominated and Adebola chipped the oncoming Weaver (?) from a through ball with seconds remaining. As I watched from the corner of the North stand the ball hit the inside of the post and went in. Cue mental celebrations from the Birmingham fans who who need to win to keep their hopes of making the play offs (which they made I think).

Despite their still being a few games left I remember think Div 3 was coming.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Crystal Palace away in 1991. City won, Quinny scored a hat-trick but I had the screaming shits and there was no toilet paper in the bogs.

I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

22 years later and I'm still emotionally scarred. Getting relegated at Stoke was nothing in comparison because once we beat Gillingham the horrors of that day were pretty much eradicated from my mind (apart from being pelted with bricks) but still whenever I feel my stomach gurgle at a football ground, I am, in my mind, immediately back in that toilet at Selhurst Park with a look of utter horror on my face.

Did you just have to smell of shit for the day then?

96 against the red dippers. 98 didn't feel as bad for some strange reason. I was more proud of the lads in 98 than the lads in 96. The 96 team were just totally inept and undeserving of any sympathy. In summary - they were shit.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I think you recounted that story in the legendary "Away Ground Toilet Stories" thread, Lancet.

22 years later and I'm still emotionally scarred. Getting relegated at Stoke was nothing in comparison because once we beat Gillingham the horrors of that day were pretty much eradicated from my mind (apart from being pelted with bricks) but still whenever I feel my stomach gurgle at a football ground, I am, in my mind, immediately back in that toilet at Selhurst Park with a look of utter horror on my face.

Did you just have to smell of shit for the day then?

Pretty much. I did go on a covert mission into the female toilets to get some toilet roll but as you can probably imagine it was more about damage limitation by that point rather than having expectations of achieving a spotlessly clean anus.

Luton relegating us. I was ten years old and it was my first season supporting City.

I knew then it wasn't going to be easy.

The evening of the day we went down to the third division at Stoke. Never had such an empty feeling.

Or towards the end of Pearce's last season where I felt that football was the most boring thing on the planet.

As it went the season after was a right laugh in the third division and being in the lower leagues isn't all that bad at all. With Pearce I was almost hoping to get relegated so that the next season we'd win more games and enjoy watching City more. After going through a fair few relegations you realise they aren't that bad a thing, if you're struggling in one division it's always miles more enjoyable to be winning more games in the division below, no matter what anyone says about "dark days" or "what we've been through as a set of fans" it's barely ever been that bad. Apart from, as I say, those two instances above and the odd few others (losing 5-0 to United, getting relegated at home to Liverpool).

my worst moment was losing the fa cup v wigan. I wasnt just upset with losing, but it was the manner of the defeat. I have never felt so angry and bitter after that performance. I was in my local and i spent the rest of the day telling the pub that something was seriously amiss behind the scenes........"mancini has been sacked already" and "all the players have been fighting each other coz Hart was in for Pantillimon even though Mancini promised the would stick with Pants"
I must have sounded a right moaning knob. Not once did i praise Wigan. WE lost the final, THEY didnt beat us i kept saying ;-)

every relegation that i have experienced since 1996 have been quite bad. Along with losing to teams like lincoln and macclesfield. And owens winner in the 213th minute of added time was painful, along with rooneys overhead kick, and for 92 mins of the qpr game was a frigging knightmare.

As we all know there's been a few,but for me it's got to be the time I saw city play in the flesh for the 1st time.that was in 1970 here in Ragland ,ECWC tie against Linfield, I was so excited to see my hero's that night that I almost peed myself on the way to the game ! ( I was 11 at the time ) and what did my hero's do to this 11 year old boy that night ? Yup,lost the fucking game 2-1 and broke my fucking heart,think I cried most of the way home,still life would not be the same for city fans without these battle scars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.