You're the manager. What would you change in the team?

Based on recent performances, i would change it up a little. With the players available now i'd play:

-------------Given-------------
Zab--Toure(c)--Lescott--Bridge

Weiss---Ireland---Barry---Petrov

-------Adebayor--Bellamy-------

If we had a fully fit squad i'd play:

------------Given---------------
Zab--Toure(c)--Kompany--Bridge

Bellamy--Ireland--Barry--Petrov

------Adebayor--Robinho------

I'd swap De Jong for one of the midfield 2 for tough away games, or even play him instead of a stiker in a 4-5-1.

Tevez shouldn't be starting right now, he hasn't done much for me.

Shaun Wright-Phillips has been well off the pace this year. He can't pass, cross or shoot... though you cant fault his work ethic or ball carrying skills.

But we all know hughes wont drop Tevez, or regularly start Petrov and Weiss... which is frustrating

i know people are saying vlad (the impaler) isn,t ready but the lad is already south africa bound he will never be ready unless he is tried against the lesser teams, lets give him a go say burnley and hull, think it would make certain established players motivate themselves who i think have been coasting?

brian the blue said:
Based on recent performances, i would change it up a little. With the players available now i'd play:

-------------Given-------------
Zab--Toure(c)--Lescott--Bridge

Weiss---Ireland---Barry---Petrov

-------Adebayor--Bellamy-------

If we had a fully fit squad i'd play:

------------Given---------------
Zab--Toure(c)--Kompany--Bridge

Bellamy--Ireland--Barry--Petrov

------Adebayor--Robinho------

I'd swap De Jong for one of the midfield 2 for tough away games, or even play him instead of a stiker in a 4-5-1.

Tevez shouldn't be starting right now, he hasn't done much for me.

Shaun Wright-Phillips has been well off the pace this year. He can't pass, cross or shoot... though you cant fault his work ethic or ball carrying skills.

But we all know hughes wont drop Tevez, or regularly start Petrov and Weiss... which is frustrating

I like your thinking! Thought provoking!

skybluekings said:
Mike D said:
The biggest issue for me and many of the fans (he says in a Dave Wallace self elected voice of the vans tone) is creativity and the lack of it right now. We have a team full of players who will all cover every blade of grass but without much craft or skill in finding that killer pass. For me I see no reason why Stevie shouldn't be in the side for me, he is as important to us as Gerard is to the bin dippers. On the same note if/ when Ireland does get injured we don't have anyone to fill that role and are left. We had a more than ready replacement in Elano but he's gone now, so first and foremost we have to find a backup.

Next I would start clearing the deadwood and bad buys, and playing players on there ability and pereformances not just for sentimental reasons.

Who would you sell?

RSC
Benjani
Garrido
Bojinov
Taylor

I'd like to see Johnson & Weiss starting on a regular basis & would sell or loan RSC, Garrido, Benjani & Bojinov...depending on the teams we played in regards to 'style of play', it would depend whether I would use 'holding midfielders' or not...

I'd play propper midfielders, our squad is top heavy on strikers and attacking wingers and it's distorting our first team trying to fit them in the side. In midfield I'd be looking to play ONE defensive midfielder, a creative playmaker and box to box merchant. We have all these in Barry/De Jong , Ireland and Johnson. I'd play Ade up front and pick two from Bellers, Robinho, SWP or Tevez. It's nice to have these attacking little munchkins running around the periphery but we've no engine room. If we continue to play two defensive mids and more than two of the munchkins we'll keep having games where we struggle.

.................GIVEN

ZAB....TOURE....LESCOTT....BRIDGE

..........DE JONG....BARRY

TEVEZ......IRELAND......ROBINHO

.............ADEBAYOR

subs. Taylor,Kompany,Richards,Weiss, Bellamy,SWP,Petrov

simples!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.