You're the manager. What would you change in the team?

Want to know where the real problem is in the team?

Virtually every week I'm watching us being cut to ribbons down our flanks.

It seems that the opposition tactic is simple-to try and isolate Bridge or whoever is playing RB this week-and it's sure working.
Neither centre half then seems to know whether to tick or twist when we're turned and I have to admit that I'm getting a little sick of seeing dispairing last ditch slides by an out-of-position Lescott as the ball rolls frustratingly into the net.
We don't seem to have a natural leader at the back at the moment-but I'm sure we said that last season aswell.

Needs sorting-and fast.

what ever it is it need sorting out fast cause if we dont we will get a tonkinking this season and if we are not carefull it might be against liverpool in our next game

We often hear about the need to be flexible and I think this has to be instilled into our system ensuring more cohesion defensively - we should ALWAYS defend as a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 making sure those two banks of 4 are tight. When we break up play this should then switch to 4-1-3-2 with the 1 being the constant holding player and organising the attacking 3 when our attacks break down - the personel to execute this I would leave up to debate

Drop Lescott and play Kompany (calm and composed at the back)
Play Weiss instead of SWP (all he needs is experience)
Play De Jong instead of Barry (missed his crunching tackles)

The rest of them aren't bad at all to be honest. Barry's been out of form since Villa. Lescott hasn't actually been in form to be out of form yet.

can someone give me a logical argument as to why de jong was dropped yesterday?

Essentially a 433 with the ball and a 451 without it would grants loads of flexibility depending on who is occupying the "wide" positions. It can readily see Dejong + Barry dropping into the DM position with Ireland infront of them and the flanks occupied accordingly. I have Petrov in instead of Robi purely because I think Robi is going to Barca.

.....De Jong............Barry..........

Tevez/SWP....Ireland.....Petrov/Bellamy

...............Ade/RSC.................

I admire Tevez's workrate - but I think we are really missing creativity centrally and trying to fit Ireland into a DM or holding position isn't working. Tevez doesnt provide defensive cover on the right if he plays instead of sweep, but likewise he doesnt provide the creativity in the AM position supporting the main striker. It might be worth considering a different formation if Tevez is to be considered a 100% starter - but right now I think we NEED the two DM's and we NEED creativity - which essentially forces De Jong/Barry/Ireland into the midfield - and in my view that makes it hard to justify a starting position for Tevez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.