You're the manager. What would you change in the team?

Start of the season we won 5 out of 5 before the Derby. We played Ireland in all those games. This shows the importance of, despite having 2 wide attackers, 2 attacking full backs and 1/2 central attackers, you have to link the midfield and forwards to get the best out of them.

Tevez does drop back and his effort is excellent - he can also see a pass and is not afraid to try and make something happen. But Ireland is the kind of player who can pull the strings for us, orchestrate the play. Personally I would stick Tevez on the right, Bellamy on the left and Ade in the centre, and back to Barry and Ireland in the midfield. This give you then the option to either also play NDJ or even SWP and drop Tevez in behind Ade.

It worked earlier in the season and the way we play it's not as if the opposition have sussed that tactic out already - we could give 'em the team sheet and still do 'em over. Ok, so we lose SWP's foraging runs and Petrov's excellent left foot, but using Ireland to play balls through to three very quick and deadly attackers works a treat.

dingdingding said:
What I think this thread highlights more than anything is why none of us are the manager.

442 is not the holy grail of football management. It will not guarantee us wins.

And not rating Tevez? I don't know where to start.

£30m for Tevez, so far, looks to be one of the worse pieces of business we have done under hughes.

masterwig said:
dingdingding said:
And not rating Tevez? I don't know where to start.

So you think he's better than Ireland, Robinho and Adebayor?

He doesn't suit our team and has done nothing to suggest he is a world class player. When he starts earning his place I'd pick him but at the moment he hasn't done enough for me.

He plays a different game than Ireland, Robinho or Adebayor, so it's swings and roundabouts. I do know that he retains the ball better than any player I have ever seen.

He's not firing on all cylinders yet, but he's still got as many goals as Bellamy and Adebayor have in all competitions.

"World class" is indefinable so I don't know what to say to that. He's looked good to me though.

I'd change their mental attidude.

Go out there and tear them apart. if you don't perform I'll haul you off.
IMO RSC is simply not good enough either.

At home we should be all over the opposition similar to the Arsenal game

My home team

-----------------Given---------------
Zabaleta---Toure------Kompany--Bridge
----------------De Jong--------------
Bellamy----------Ireland----------Robinho
----------------Tevez------------------
--------------Adebayor------------------

Away team

-----------------Given---------------
Zabaleta---Toure------Kompany--Bridge
------------De Jong--Barry------------
SWP----------Ireland----------Bellamy
---------------Adebayor------------------

We are too dependent on Adebayor at the moment, we really missed him on Sunday. RSC was clearly not up to speed. With better hold up play from a front man we would have created more chances and brought Tevez Bellers and SWP more into the game. We still managed to create a lot of good chances though (about 15) which really isnt bad for an away performance in the Premiership.

The big disappointment was our set pieces though, the delivery from Barry and Bellers wasnt good enough, which was a shame as that part of our game has improved greatly this season. It is vital that this part of our game works especially away from home.

I definitely think we need a class right back in January as we need a tall player who can deliver a decent cross. Apart from that I think we are strong enough for this season as long as we dont get a long injury list.

I'm not a huge fan of this whole home and away chat. We should have a line-up that works best and keep it. It shouldn't matter whether we are at home or away, a good team is a good team and a football pitch is a football pitch.

I just checked our game results this season and found something interesting.

City, this season, has won every game (except UTD) Ireland has started in!!

Ireland starts:
15.08 Blackburn away = win
22.08 Wolves home = win
27.08 Crystal Palace Carling Cup = win
30.08 Portsmouth away = win
15.09 Arsenal home = win
23.09 Fulham Carling Cup = win
28.10 Scunthorpe Carling Cup = win

Then for some reason (maybe his illness against Fulham) Ireland doesn't start games and City's results dry up.

Games where Ireland Doesn't start:
28.09 West Ham home = win
05.10 Aston Villa away = draw
18.10 Wigan away = draw
25.10 Fulham home = draw
01.11 Birmingham away = draw

Couldn't be anymore clearer than that. The stats don't lie.
City are a better team, a winning team, with Ireland starting the game.

All together now: "4-3-3! 4-3-3! 4-3-3!"

Everyone knows it makes sense for the players we have. There is no argument against it.

skelpomike said:
I'm not a huge fan of this whole home and away chat. We should have a line-up that works best and keep it. It shouldn't matter whether we are at home or away, a good team is a good team and a football pitch is a football pitch.

Maybe not home and away teams but just because one XI won the previous match doesnt mean we can't change it the next match dependant on the opposition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.