You're the manager. What would you change in the team?

My question to the origional poster is who do you play then - Nigel De Jong or Gareth Barry? Neither will take kindly to it in a World Cup year.

C_T_I_D said:
My question to the origional poster is who do you play then - Nigel De Jong or Gareth Barry? Neither will take kindly to it in a World Cup year.

I would rotate them. The best players at Barcelona get rotated so it should be understandable for the best players we have here to do the same. The problem is that the two of them, Barry and De Jong take up the center midfield and both have DM styles of play. We lack creativity when they both play.

Its a game time decision as to which one to play, but Ireland really has to be there in the center as well.
Look at the most recent game against Birmingham, where was the goal going to come from? There was no build up play and no interlinking between defence and attack. That's where Ireland comes in.

Also, even you would admit that Ireland's creative ability outshines that of both De Jong and Barry.

I think right now Barry would have to be dropped to the bench because Nigel is in the form of his life to be honest and Barry hasn't played well from the Villa match and onwards. It might do him well to take him out the firing line for a few games. Ireland should be included for his ability to close down, tackle and create through balls etc but whether MH agrees is yet to be seen.

-----------------Given---------------
Zabaleta---Toure------Lescott--Bridge
----------------De Jong--------------
Bellers----------Ireland----------Petrov
----------Adebayor---Robinho---------

.......................given........................
zaba.......toure..............lescott....bridge
.......................dejong......................
............ireland..............barry.............
.....tevez...............................robinho/bellers
.........................ade........................

SIMPLE.

The biggest issue for me and many of the fans (he says in a Dave Wallace self elected voice of the vans tone) is creativity and the lack of it right now. We have a team full of players who will all cover every blade of grass but without much craft or skill in finding that killer pass. For me I see no reason why Stevie shouldn't be in the side for me, he is as important to us as Gerard is to the bin dippers. On the same note if/ when Ireland does get injured we don't have anyone to fill that role and are left. We had a more than ready replacement in Elano but he's gone now, so first and foremost we have to find a backup.

Next I would start clearing the deadwood and bad buys, and playing players on there ability and pereformances not just for sentimental reasons.

Mike D said:
The biggest issue for me and many of the fans (he says in a Dave Wallace self elected voice of the vans tone) is creativity and the lack of it right now. We have a team full of players who will all cover every blade of grass but without much craft or skill in finding that killer pass. For me I see no reason why Stevie shouldn't be in the side for me, he is as important to us as Gerard is to the bin dippers. On the same note if/ when Ireland does get injured we don't have anyone to fill that role and are left. We had a more than ready replacement in Elano but he's gone now, so first and foremost we have to find a backup.

Next I would start clearing the deadwood and bad buys, and playing players on there ability and pereformances not just for sentimental reasons.

Who would you sell?

Definitely start ireland and drop dejong for the home games. And start considering bellamy as a striker, rather than a winger

TaylorWill07 said:
.......................given........................
zaba.......toure..............lescott....bridge
.......................dejong......................
............ireland..............barry.............
.....tevez...............................robinho/bellers
.........................ade........................

SIMPLE.

You forgot Chiellini

Seriously though, agree with the line up. I thought the plan would be to play that line up week in week out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.