Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transfer price means fuck all in this instance. Put the money aside, this is more about playing time. Every big club can shell out 23M no problem, but not all of them can give guaranteed starting place week in and week out. This is the same case as Ousmane Dembele. It was about playing time. More than anything this probably just confirms either Bernardo Silva and Fabinho will be sold this summer, because Tielemans will be replacing either one.

The transfer price means fuck all in this instance. Put the money aside, this is more about playing time. Every big club can shell out 23M no problem, but not all of them can give guaranteed starting place week in and week out. This is the same case as Ousmane Dembele. It was about playing time. More than anything this probably just confirms either Bernardo Silva and Fabinho will be sold this summer, because Tielemans will be replacing either one.

No, I think it confirms Bakayoko is leaving, as has been Monaco's plan for a while.

I'm not saying those 2 definitely won't leave but this is planned business, I don't think they'll be buying players to replace players they aren't planning on selling.

Last edited:
I think Tielemans is squad strengthening signing and if he was a replacement he would be for either Bernardo Silva or Mbappe.

I think Tielemans is squad strengthening signing and if he was a replacement he would be for either Bernardo Silva or Mbappe.
Didn't know either of those had reinvented themselves as central midfielders. What do you think of them apparently signing Hart to replace Falcao?

That's funny, he was a holding mid up until the start of the year and now plays just in front of an NDJ type. On the other hand, Silva is an inverted winger and Mbappe is an out and out striker.

Tielemans does contribute defensively but is more attack minded than the two players mentioned and will be deployed as attacking midfielder as he further progresses.

Tielemans does contribute defensively but is more attack minded than the two players mentioned and will be deployed as attacking midfielder as he further progresses.
So, he's an attacking midfielder because you think he might be at some point in the future?
He's a mid and more attack minded than the hottest young striking prospect in Europe and one of the biggest things on the wing? Have you watched any of these players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.